Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discount sites for petite clothing?

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Default Discount sites for petite clothing?

My MIL is now living with us, Alzheimers and all. She is about 4'9" and 86 lbs. Her BD is coming up and I'm looking for sites on SR that have petite clothing at great prices. Since I'm not exactly on the petite size, I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    My MIL is now living with us, Alzheimers and all. She is about 4'9" and 86 lbs. Her BD is coming up and I'm looking for sites on SR that have petite clothing at great prices. Since I'm not exactly on the petite size, I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?
    How about Kohl's, they have petite sizes and always have sales. I'm petite (in height only ) and I've found a few things. If for some reason she doesn't like it or it doesn't fit, you can return at the store, I like to have that option.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

That was my first thought, too, but she didn't like anything they had. She is 88 years old and has her ideas of style which doesn't exactly mesh with current clothing lines.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

What about Blair? My grandmother is the same age and likes to order from them occasionally. I think she said she gets all her pants from them (elastic waist and pockets a must) and the prices are pretty reasonable, from what I've seen.Their site does list a petite section.

Maybe check Sears too?
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

A couple of brands to look for are Alfred Dunner & Sag Harbor. My mother is in her 80's and I buy all her clothes.

Macy's carries both brands but sometimes they don't have much of a selection online. I do better in the store. You can also try Bealls. They carry a lot of petite sizes and have Alfred Dunner. Pockets in the pants are a must for my mother too.

I just did a search for Alfred Dunner on the merchant page and Blair came up so check them too.

Good luck.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    What about Blair? My grandmother is the same age and likes to order from them occasionally. I think she said she gets all her pants from them (elastic waist and pockets a must) and the prices are pretty reasonable, from what I've seen.Their site does list a petite section.

Maybe check Sears too?
    Boy, you hit the nail on the head, lol. Elastic waist and pockets! I'm going to take a look. Thanks!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    A couple of brands to look for are Alfred Dunner & Sag Harbor. My mother is in her 80's and I buy all her clothes.

Macy's carries both brands but sometimes they don't have much of a selection online. I do better in the store. You can also try Bealls. They carry a lot of petite sizes and have Alfred Dunner. Pockets in the pants are a must for my mother too.

I just did a search for Alfred Dunner on the merchant page and Blair came up so check them too.

Good luck.
    I actually ordered some Alfred Dunner pants for her from Macy's, elastic waist and pockets, of course. We have to hem up even the petites, lol. Didn't think of Bealls. Gonna have to look there also. Thanks!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

My grandma fell in June and broke a bone in her neck and is stuck wearing a neck brace. Since then, she's been wearing strictly button down tops. She got 3 new tops for her birthday in July. The one she likes best is Christopher & Banks, which also lists a petite section on their website. We've found the difference between taht and the other two is the C&B has larger buttons that are easier for her to do herself. So, if MIL likes button down tops, bigger buttons might be something to look for too, although it might be easier to check out in a store.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    My grandma fell in June and broke a bone in her neck and is stuck wearing a neck brace. Since then, she's been wearing strictly button down tops. She got 3 new tops for her birthday in July. The one she likes best is Christopher & Banks, which also lists a petite section on their website. We've found the difference between taht and the other two is the C&B has larger buttons that are easier for her to do herself. So, if MIL likes button down tops, bigger buttons might be something to look for too, although it might be easier to check out in a store.
    Great tip.....thanks!! I'm going to look there for my mother. She's put on some weight and has a LOT of trouble putting tops over her head. Never thought of Christopher & Banks. TY

Hope your Grandmother is doing ok.
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 09-18-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Checked out all the above mentioned sites. Macy's was the only one that had what I wanted in her size, but even then, I only found one pair of pants and top that would work. Finally resorted to lands end and had really great luck in their clearance area. Really miss having them as a site through here, but I know it was their doing, not SR's.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards