Thread: Educate me please!

Default Educate me please!

Okay...I want to preface my post by saying I'm NOT complaining!! I'm just a little confused and was hoping a more experienced SR'er could help me understand how the shopping credits post.

I've only shopped through SR links twice (and plan to do a lot more soon!) - once for Children's Place (3.12 credit), and once for Newegg (.39 credit).

Here's my question. When I look at my current earnings, both of these credits are sitting in "Pending Payments" (total of 3.51). The Newegg one has been there about a week and the Children's Place credit has been there over two weeks (maybe almost three). When will these post? Do they typically sit in pending that long? Is there something I need to do to initiate the posting, or is SR still waiting for their credit from the two stores?

I just read Janet's Shoebuy thread where she filed a trouble ticket because of no credit, and I was hoping to understand the difference between her problem and mine, if mine is even a problem! I'm happy to wait and am in no rush for the credits (just hoping to get them by the end of the month!!) - just trying to understand the ins and outs of reward shopping credits. Clear as mud?!

Thank you guys!!

Good questions! Shopping credits stay in pending for 21 days from your purchase date. That's because we have a lot of people who return the merchandise. If we post the credit immediately and someone cashes out, we lose the money. So if you see it show up as pending your history, it means that we have already been notified of your credit and it will switch to an actual credit 21 days after the purchase date.

A Super Member perk is that shopping only pends for 3 days. We figure that by the time you make Super Member, you are going to stick around even if you return your merchandise.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Perfect explanation - thank you (as always) Tricia! I appreciate your help.

Makes total sense and I'll just sit back and wait for my credits. I think I was getting hung up on terminology other posters were using...I'm still learning it all...

So, if the credit has not made it to pending yet... say it takes one week to make it to pending, will it be waiting for 21 days after being in pending, or 21 days from the date of purchase?

I have two shopping things that haven't made it to pending.. is there hope of getting those credits before the end of the month?

Not complaining from me either... just curious.

It's actually 21 days from the purchase date that the merchants reports back (it may be a couple of days later if they did not report it until the ship date). So even if it takes us a week to get your purchase imported into the database, it will still go back to 21 days from the purchase date. Pretty much all purchases made already this month (and even for the next couple of days) should credit by the 30th.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

My shoebuy issue isnt that I have credits pending it is that they aren't showing up at all after 10 days and should have. Once they show up pending I don't worry about them at all because I know they will be credited. Its when they don't show up at all that I worry because that means Tricia hasn't received the credits for my purchase. That is why I did trouble tickets on them because it had been over 10 days and no sign of credits pending or otherwise. If you have pending credits (unless you are returning the merchandise) you can pretty much consider those credits. HTH and sorry if we confused you.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    My shoebuy issue isnt that I have credits pending it is that they aren't showing up at all after 10 days and should have. Once they show up pending I don't worry about them at all because I know they will be credited. Its when they don't show up at all that I worry because that means Tricia hasn't received the credits for my purchase. That is why I did trouble tickets on them because it had been over 10 days and no sign of credits pending or otherwise. If you have pending credits (unless you are returning the merchandise) you can pretty much consider those credits. HTH and sorry if we confused you.
    Thanks Janet!! And no worries; you didn't confuse me, I confused myself (I'm good at that!!). Thank you for explaining the difference - I sort of thought that was probably the case, but I wanted to understand everything thoroughly so I could get my hands around it (it's the bean counter side of me...teehee!).