Thread: Monster High Costumes

Default Monster High Costumes

My daughter is really into the Monster High Dolls these days and fell in love with the Monster High Costumes.

Unlucky for her, I think she is going to end up being Rapunzel, which I think is more appropriate for an 8-year-old. If she really pushes me, I think I might try to pull together a costume and the makeup and then her one of the wigs, which I DO think are appropriate for her age.

I like that the costumes have leggings-I know when I was younger freezing your hiney off in your costume was a real risk in MA in October.

And yesh, I'm reminded how old the kids in my life are that I don't have a dang clue what Monster High is (and holy cow, Cassie is 8?)!
    Sunshine Rewards Gotta make SM for Q3 2012-Gotta get back up on the SM hoss

Follow Wdwnotjustkids on Twitter

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

Tricia, I hear you on the age appropriateness. My daughter is Cassie's age and last year she wanted to be a vampire. I have no idea why I couldn't find a vampire costume for a little girl that wasn't "sexy".

I did end up finding one that we both agreed on, cost me a small fortune. Since my youngest wanted to wear his homemade Buzz Lightyear costume for the second year in a row I figured I came out on top.

I'm sure there is some way to compromise with her on the costume that will leave you both happy. Maybe she could get a pair of black pants and some glitter/glow paint and decorate them? find a snazzy top that isn't shaped like a corset and get the wig. Or if she does like the skirts, get a pair of leggings for under them, and compromise on the top. It bums me out how hard it has become to find appropriate clothes for our little girls.

I was thrilled that this year she wants to be a police officer.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt

Quote Originally Posted by nicholfamily5 View Post
    Tricia, I hear you on the age appropriateness. My daughter is Cassie's age and last year she wanted to be a vampire. I have no idea why I couldn't find a vampire costume for a little girl that wasn't "sexy".

I did end up finding one that we both agreed on, cost me a small fortune. Since my youngest wanted to wear his homemade Buzz Lightyear costume for the second year in a row I figured I came out on top.

I'm sure there is some way to compromise with her on the costume that will leave you both happy. Maybe she could get a pair of black pants and some glitter/glow paint and decorate them? find a snazzy top that isn't shaped like a corset and get the wig. Or if she does like the skirts, get a pair of leggings for under them, and compromise on the top. It bums me out how hard it has become to find appropriate clothes for our little girls.

I was thrilled that this year she wants to be a police officer.
    and maybe she can arrest the creeps that will stare at all the little girls dressed in these highly inappropriate costumes.
    Yeah, I think they have lost their minds making everything sexy for our little girls!
    Sunshine Rewards