Thread: Any suggestions?

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Default Any suggestions?

I am looking to get a new laptop. It doesnt have to be any thing spectacular. I am hoping you guys can give me some suggestions about SR merchants you have used that you liked. I am hoping to only pay between $300 and $400 for this one as it will be an extra laptop. Any advice would be great! Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

What do you want it to have? Like do you want a netbook or a laptop?
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Only looking at bestbuy (since you can do instore pick up) this one looks pretty good for the price point. Price is $329 with pretty good Memory and Hard Drive space. AMD is just as good as Intel but it does run slightly cheaper as you can tell by doing a quick search.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+...&skuId=2805092
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

What are your thoughts on notebook versus laptop? I do use it mostly for internet and SR. I do some word processing, excel, and publisher but I also could do those on the laptop we have. I would like to be able to play games on it since the kids will sometimes use it abnd I like to play the Big FIsh games but can't on my current Dell because it doesnt have the right kind of graphics card to support it. What about refurbs from Buy.com? Anyone have experience with those.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm not a huge fan of netbooks (I'm assuming that is what you mean as notebook = laptop). I've only had experience with 1 netbook and I found it to be small and cramped. I know the appeal is that they are small and lighter but it seemed odd after using a laptop. I also don't think netbooks have DVD drives so installing software from a disk could be an issue (doesn't seem like it would be one for you).

I've not done refurbished before. I'm just skeptical so that is my main reason.
    Sunshine Rewards

wal-mart had one in today's sale paper for $278. not top of the line, but totally adequate. DH and i are considering buying it for DD14 for Christmas.

I received an Acer Aspire 5551 for Christmas last year. Pretty much have the same computer habits as you listed and I have no complaints. Not sure what the price is now...
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards