Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yay! We decided on a 2012 vacation!

Personally, I think anytime is a great time to visit WDW. But Christmas is already magical and there is just something about being in the World w/ all of the Christmas Decor and smells of the Christmas season Magic just Magic

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Can someone please remind me how WDW reservations go again. There is a deposit you put down in the beginning but if you cancel you get it back correct? Is there a certain date you have to cancel or move by?

Since free dining was just announced and Mike was talking about costumes for the Halloween event I think we'll be going in September again.
    Sunshine Rewards

There is a $200 deposit required for booking, which you can get back if you cancel more than 45 days before your trip. If you cancel less than 45 days before, you lose the $200 but get back the remaining balance you paid. This situation applies if you don't purchase insurance. If you do purchase insurance, you're out the $139.90 no matter when or why you cancel, but if you canceled within the penalty period (less than 45 days) for a covered reason, you can file a claim for the lost deposit.

It's a good rule of thumb to make any changes or cancellations more than 45 days out. You can change less than 45 days, but you'll likely incur a $50 change fee plus another $15 fee if you're within so many days from your trip (can't remember exactly how many since this rarely happens for me). They usually waive the $50 if your change makes the trip more expensive, but they've never waived the $15 fee for me if someone tried to make a change within like a week or two of their trip.

Clear as mud, right?
    Kayla

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yes clear as mud. I ordered my disney reward card so as soon as it comes in I'll be looking at prices and putting down a deposit.
    Sunshine Rewards

Sounds great. Happy planning