Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Express Card Offer Worth $20

Hybrid View

Default American Express Card Offer Worth $20

I just posted a new American Express card offer that some of you might be interested in. It's $20 if you sign up and get approved. I think you do have to use the card at least once but there is no annual fee. Might be worth it for some of you.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Hmm...this is really tempting! My old gas station MC quit paying cashback unless I spent $500/month on gas there! I have never hit that much and used it only where places wouldn't take Discover. I have gotten some mail about the Amex Blue card and have considered it, but I'll be waiting till at least next week to make a final decision, after my change of address is 100% complete, along with my move!

So.....Discover is my primary card and the old gas station MC was my backup for places that wouldn't take Discover. I've decided if they want to stop paying me, I'm not using their card anymore and have used my Best Buy MC instead. Anybody want to push me over the edge on getting the Amex card, LOL?
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    Hmm...this is really tempting! My old gas station MC quit paying cashback unless I spent $500/month on gas there! I have never hit that much and used it only where places wouldn't take Discover. I have gotten some mail about the Amex Blue card and have considered it, but I'll be waiting till at least next week to make a final decision, after my change of address is 100% complete, along with my move!

So.....Discover is my primary card and the old gas station MC was my backup for places that wouldn't take Discover. I've decided if they want to stop paying me, I'm not using their card anymore and have used my Best Buy MC instead. Anybody want to push me over the edge on getting the Amex card, LOL?
    I have the AMEX BlueSky card. I got it when I received an offer for 30,000 points if I spent $500 in 90 days. When I found out that those points translated into $400 towards travel expenses, I jumped on it!

We used to have no annual fee. Then, they offered us an "upgrade" which would give us double points on gas, dining and wireless plans for a $39 annual fee. (That is no longer an option and our annual fee is now back to $0)

Here's a great thing about the rewards...they can be used for ANYTHING travel-related. For a Disney-phile like me, it is unbeatable. We put our AMEX on our room key so that ANYTHING charged to the room (tickets, food, souvenirs, tours, etc) end up being charged as a "resort" expense so it is categorized as "travel". That means that we can apply our rewards to any of our Disney expenses. We went to Disney's HHI resort in April and charged food, souvenirs, bike rental, kayak trip, dolphin tour, kid's nite out and even our craft activities to our room. I was able to redeem $500 in AMEX rewards which completely covered our "incidental" expenses for our vacation. Since we drove, the AMEX points also covered a night in a hotel on the road, including room service!

I applied. The rewards are better than I get on my Chase cards (except for quarterly bonuses).

***I checked and has been approved***
    Last edited by SCard; 11-04-2011 at 10:30 AM.

I applied as well great offer thanks!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Hmm. I have an Amex blue, but this is blue cash....different....maybe I will try and see what occurs.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Quote Originally Posted by SCard View Post
    I applied. The rewards are better than I get on my Chase cards (except for quarterly bonuses).

***I checked and has been approved***
    Which Chase cards? Is this better than Chase Ink? Thanks!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by MdCaterer View Post
    Which Chase cards? Is this better than Chase Ink? Thanks!
    Chase Freedom. They offer a different 5% cash back every quarter and the limit is up to $1500. This quarter is restaurants and department stores and Kohls. Last quarter was gasoline and travel. My favorite is groceries; if they want to give me 5% cash back on the food I buy every week I am good with that.

I like that you can use the rewards for gift cards or you can request a check which I usually get and deposit it in my Disney vacation fund.

The Freedom card gives 1% cash back on all purchases; there is usually a special cash back offer on the website for getting the card. The interest rate is 12.9% I think; I pay it off every month so I don't pay alot of attention to the rate.

I got approved! Looking forward to the credit- I'm getting close to the 4K mark.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

For those who have done this, did you get any kind of an email from Amex afterwards? I don't have anything yet and I did the offer earlier this afternoon.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards