Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Express Card Offer Worth $20

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    For those who have done this, did you get any kind of an email from Amex afterwards? I don't have anything yet and I did the offer earlier this afternoon.
    I got an e-mail from Amex about 4 days after I applied.

Quote Originally Posted by SCard View Post
    I got an e-mail from Amex about 4 days after I applied.
    Ah, thanks!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Still no email for me and I applied Saturday. I was just told by my mom, however, that they called my parents for some reason. Why, I have no idea. I have no clue what this will do with me here. It's really odd because I am sure I did not give them their phone number and I haven't lived there in 3 1/2 years.

Sunshine Rewards

Well, geez, mine says the application was cancelled. Probably because they called my parents instead of me!

Apparently not! My mom just gave me a phone number and access code and it now says I'm approved!
    Last edited by mmm611; 11-17-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Sunshine Rewards

mine was approved a good week ago; still no card.

I saw something at Costco that I want to buy with it. Hope it comes soon!

No credit yet, but I'm not sure if it has to be used first to show up here on SR?
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Quote Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
    mine was approved a good week ago; still no card.

I saw something at Costco that I want to buy with it. Hope it comes soon!

No credit yet, but I'm not sure if it has to be used first to show up here on SR?
    Does it show as pending? Mine is pending until December 15th. I got the card in the mail about 10-14 days after I applied.

Quote Originally Posted by SCard View Post
    I applied. The rewards are better than I get on my Chase cards (except for quarterly bonuses).

***I checked and has been approved***
    Which Chase cards? Is this better than Chase Ink? Thanks!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by MdCaterer View Post
    Which Chase cards? Is this better than Chase Ink? Thanks!
    Chase Freedom. They offer a different 5% cash back every quarter and the limit is up to $1500. This quarter is restaurants and department stores and Kohls. Last quarter was gasoline and travel. My favorite is groceries; if they want to give me 5% cash back on the food I buy every week I am good with that.

I like that you can use the rewards for gift cards or you can request a check which I usually get and deposit it in my Disney vacation fund.

The Freedom card gives 1% cash back on all purchases; there is usually a special cash back offer on the website for getting the card. The interest rate is 12.9% I think; I pay it off every month so I don't pay alot of attention to the rate.

Restaurants, Department stores AND Kohls!!! I wish I had known before I ordered all those items from Kohls! I will check into this one. I have the CHase Ink so I need to make the comparison. Thanks!!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

I got the approved message on the website last week and my confirmation email yesterday. Today I got a letter in the mail asking for confirmation of my address by way of a letter from my bank on their letterhead. I'm wondering if this is something the rest of you got or if this is because they called the second phone number on the account originally with the validation code (which was my grandma's number because I only have one working phone number. My phone at work doesn't work.) I also told them I have hearing problems....I'm just wondering if the letter is still relevant or if I can just ignore it now?

Sunshine Rewards