Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday Giveaway support thread!

I don't want to have to do it, but we might have to put a minimum purchase amount on entries for the contest next year if we keep seeing people making multiple $2 and $3 purchases to get their totals up. If you think about it, we don't really make any profit on sales less than $5. If we end up having to pay out 100s of $30 bonuses based on those purchases, we won't be able to afford to do contests like this anymore.

It isn't everyone...but just a heads-up about it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I don't want to have to do it, but we might have to put a minimum purchase amount on entries for the contest next year if we keep seeing people making multiple $2 and $3 purchases to get their totals up. If you think about it, we don't really make any profit on sales less than $5. If we end up having to pay out 100s of $30 bonuses based on those purchases, we won't be able to afford to do contests like this anymore.

It isn't everyone...but just a heads-up about it.
    Yeesh.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Where do you find something to purchase for $2-$3 and are they paying shipping on top of that? Ok, I'll say it....not too bright!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I know a few of you have just gotten some really good deals, so I don't want anyone to feel bad for shopping in general. Just working the system. LOL
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Now I feel guilt!

I know some of my entries are from my weekly Glee iTunes addiction....and I bought a couple 4$ and 5$ video games from bestbbuy with free ship...

Do you mean at some people are literally doing *only* this sort of shopping to gain entries?

I can see why a minimum might need to be put into place next year if this were so. I'm guessing 75% of my entries were surveys....I now have $259 saved in my SR account for my upcoming Europe trip. I'm glad for contests like this to lit a fire under my butt to get those surveys done!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

I have to say I am guilty of buying several games from Big Fish for $2.99 but average that in with the hundreds I spend on other items and I don't feel terribly guilty ....
    Last edited by MdCaterer; 12-15-2011 at 05:03 PM.
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Where do you find something to purchase for $2-$3 and are they paying shipping on top of that? Ok, I'll say it....not too bright!
    I want to know the same thing! Obviously, I'm not shopping the right stores if I pay more than that!

And on a more serious note, how on earth did they manage to get 300 entries doing that? That's a LOT of cheap stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
    Now I feel guilt!

I know some of my entries are from my weekly Glee iTunes addiction....and I bought a couple 4$ and 5$ video games from bestbbuy with free ship...

Do you mean at some people are literally doing *only* this sort of shopping to gain entries?

I can see why a minimum might need to be put into place next year if this were so. I'm guessing 75% of my entries were surveys....I now have $259 saved in my SR account for my upcoming Europe trip. I'm glad for contests like this to lit a fire under my butt to get those surveys done!
    I think I'm guilty too. I had four separate Best Buy purchases in a 36 hour period over Thanksgiving....but I honestly never had the opportunity to combine them! Made the first one in the morning, found out my other item wasn't in stock. Went to my parents and found out they had earphones on sale for less than Staples. Got home and they only had one acceptable color in stock.....two hours later, they had the blue I wanted. I had figured I'd end up at the store to try and get them until that happened. Went to the stoer Friday afternoon to try and get the sold out game and couldn't find it but found a game on my brother's list for $5 --90% off! I checked my phone, them came home and ordered that too. I blame Best Buy's website for causing me to make four orders! While I did consider splitting it up if given the chance, as soon as I saw it was UPS shipping I would have nixed that idea. I have way too many problems with them right now.

I probably have around 75% of survey entries too. I just can't qualify for as many as the others do.

I'd hate to see the bonuses go away, but I can see why it might be warranted.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

82 entries! 18 more to go. That averages to 2 surveys a day. Should be able to do it
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I just gotta toot my own horn a little, k?

I made goal today! Tomorrow morning when surveys credit for the contest- will have over 150 entries.

It really helped to break it down into daily goals rather than looking at 150 as a whole.

And mine were over 90% surveys-I made purchases at several of those "naughty" merchants which are no longer on the site(which is a good thing).

Jan
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by tjrj1988 View Post
    I just gotta toot my own horn a little, k?

I made goal today! Tomorrow morning when surveys credit for the contest- will have over 150 entries.

It really helped to break it down into daily goals rather than looking at 150 as a whole.

And mine were over 90% surveys-I made purchases at several of those "naughty" merchants which are no longer on the site(which is a good thing).

Jan
    Congrats!!