Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Wrong with Our Contests?

Default What's Wrong with Our Contests?

I'm starting to wonder what is wrong with the contests that we have been running. We have two really great prizes up for grabs right now and hardly anyone is even applying! Is it the contests themselves? The prizes? What's up? It's going to be hard to ask advertisers to continue to give us prizes when we can only get 25 entries in a contest.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I'm sorry, what are the two contests?
    Sunshine Rewards

I have a hard time finding the contests too on the regular Sunshine boards. I know you post them in the Forums, but It is hard to find them on your site. Like the Christmas one, the only way I can find it is either through this forum or Facebook.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I think what often happens for me is that I see the post about it on the forum, but plan on coming back later to enter. But since I started using the "New Posts" button on the forum, if someone doesn't post on that thread, I never see it again and it slips my mind. The Gemvara one is a good example, I forgot to enter until you bumped the thread recently.

Personally, I pay most attention to posts in the forum, but I also wonder if there are members who would participate, but just don't visit the forum or know the contests are going on?
    Kayla

Interesting! Helpful feedback.

The two prize contests (Gemvara and Appliance Art) are in the blog (http://www.sunshinerewards.com/videoblog).

The Holiday Contest should be right there on the left side of every page of the site as a text link. Maybe I need to make a banner for it so that it stands out more??
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I was just coming to the forum to read through the boards to find the link about the Holiday contest. Maybe you could have a separate category for CONTESTS and we could click on that link and get all the info fit to print!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Interesting! Helpful feedback.

The two prize contests (Gemvara and Appliance Art) are in the blog (http://www.sunshinerewards.com/videoblog).

The Holiday Contest should be right there on the left side of every page of the site as a text link. Maybe I need to make a banner for it so that it stands out more??
    I live up to my "blond" days sometimes. I never looked to the left side of the page. I always look at the top drop down menus. I found everything, plus I also found the Black Friday coupons posted already. Once in awhile, the old dogs (I'm speaking for myself), need to learn new tricks.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    I live up to my "blond" days sometimes. I never looked to the left side of the page. I always look at the top drop down menus. I found everything, plus I also found the Black Friday coupons posted already. Once in awhile, the old dogs (I'm speaking for myself), need to learn new tricks.
    I agree with you I did not look to the left either. But I did try the contest section of the boards and these are not listed there. I love this site and try to keep up with everything but I do not read the lists going down the sides of the page normally, I will start to read them now.
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Like with most other things it is all about location and visibility. I think adding a contest banner or contest "section" with links to the direct pages/posts would be most helpful.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I tried the Gemvera and went and created a piece but couldnt figure out how to get a link for it so I could come back and post it. Im pretty tech savvy and it was strange for me so maybe others are having the same issue.
    Sunshine Rewards