Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's Wrong with Our Contests?

I think the contest are hard to find, and I don't go to the video blogs.
    I knew about the jewelry, but was not interested, because I don't do fancy jewelry. I didn't know about the Appliance art until I read this post. The Appliance Art is very cute, but nothing I'm interested in owning. I really don't like posting about contest on FB and I don't do twitter.
    I love contest, but I don't have time to hunt them down. If they are on the home page in a banner I would check them out.
    I hate to sound like a Negative Nellie but I just have never liked the video blog contest.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    I knew about the jewelry, but was not interested, because I don't do fancy jewelry. I didn't know about the Appliance art until I read this post. The Appliance Art is very cute, but nothing I'm interested in owning. I really don't like posting about contest on FB and I don't do twitter.
    I love contest, but I don't have time to hunt them down. If they are on the home page in a banner I would check them out.
    I hate to sound like a Negative Nellie but I just have never liked the video blog contest.
    I'm in the same boat...

I look at the "Offers and Contests" thread (which is where I figured the "contests" would be located) and if they are not mentioned, I don't go looking for them. I don't do FB very much (I check it maybe once a month) and I always forget about the video blogs.

I LOVE the contests, don't get me wrong, but if the prize isn't something I am interested in (i.e. the jewelry) or it is too much effort to find it, I just pass on it. I love the survey contests and the ones where the entries are "no-brainers", like the Holiday Shopping Contest.

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    I'm in the same boat...

I look at the "Offers and Contests" thread (which is where I figured the "contests" would be located) and if they are not mentioned, I don't go looking for them. I don't do FB very much (I check it maybe once a month) and I always forget about the video blogs.

I LOVE the contests, don't get me wrong, but if the prize isn't something I am interested in (i.e. the jewelry) or it is too much effort to find it, I just pass on it. I love the survey contests and the ones where the entries are "no-brainers", like the Holiday Shopping Contest.
    Ditto. Sorry, but as others have said, sometimes I'm just not interested in the prize and it seems better to let someone who actually would like it win.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    Ditto. Sorry, but as others have said, sometimes I'm just not interested in the prize and it seems better to let someone who actually would like it win.
    I thought the same way until Tricia said that a lack of interest on the contests means that no one will want to have SR host one. So for these two I went ahead and submitted an entry. I figure if I win then there will probably be something that I can use or give to someone as a gift.

But I agree with the other parts. I have limited time now so I only look at a few websites when I do get online. SR main site, SR forum, and anything that pops up in the facebook feed. My twitter time is really low and I always forget about the video blogs and podcasts.
    Sunshine Rewards

To be honest, I'm not interested in the prizes for the two contests that are out there right now. If I'm not interested I will let someone who is have a chance at the prize.

I hope that doesn't sound bad..I love Sunshine Rewards but I will wait for a contest with a prize I am interested to come around.

I entered, for the same reasons as Cate. They would make nice gifts.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

come on people get with it and sign up. there are some great prizes!!!

Wow...this is the first time I have been on the forums since 11/7...I have just been too busy to be on SR at all. I have really been limiting my computer timein general lately because it has become a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Is anyone seeing the Facebook announcements of the contests coming through their streams?
    I have been on FB occasionally, but not nearly as much as I used to be, so no, I haven't seen the contests come through.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I think part of the problem that we are having with FB is that if you do not interact with the SR Facebook page, you don't see the posts as much. So a lot of people are not seeing them anymore.
    I think that is my problem. Since I haven't been on FB nearly as much lately, lots of people and groups I usually see have fallen off my stream.
    Sunshine Rewards

So I'm trying to do a better job of getting the word out. I had some banners made for the site and the forum about the big Holiday Giveaway and started posting on FB directly instead of Networked blogs. I also did a mailing today with news of the week to hit on all of the major SR happenings.

I really do appreciate the feedback. I want SR to be a place that is beneficial for EVERYONE! Our merchants, our members, and us.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I like the forum banner for the appliance art contest. I was able to click on it and go directly to the contest and complete entries for it. Perfect!
    Sunshine Rewards