Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Wrong with Our Contests?

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I'm sorry, what are the two contests?
    That is what I was going to ask. I didn't know we had any contests other than the Christmas one.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Interesting! Helpful feedback.

The two prize contests (Gemvara and Appliance Art) are in the blog (http://www.sunshinerewards.com/videoblog).

The Holiday Contest should be right there on the left side of every page of the site as a text link. Maybe I need to make a banner for it so that it stands out more??
    That would help-I'm on the forum multiple times per day and missed the appliance art one...
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I also had no idea there was an appliance art one. Perhaps the videoblog is not the best way to announce contests. I wonder if people are just skipping over the video blogs completely. I also agree that some people dont use the forums but use the main site. Perhaps having a better way to make them visible on the main site would be good. Maybe something to bring people from the main site to the forum for more info. That way we can increase traffic to the forum while also making sure that everyone knows what contests are happening.
    Sunshine Rewards

Is anyone seeing the Facebook announcements of the contests coming through their streams?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

When I go to Sunshine's page I can see the post but I don't remember seeing the post yesterday morning about the appliance art contest. I think the new setup on facebook is messing things up. I get a long string of contected posts at the top of my feed. Yesterday I seem to remember them all being about Christmas and after 2 or 3 posts there was a more link for more posts. I wonder if it wasnt lost in there. Today it is Veterans Day posts and has the same thing. I am noticing I am missing out on more and more posts on Facebook especially if I check it through the ap on my phone and not the site on the computer.
    Sunshine Rewards

Funny I just went to look at my feed on my phone and the first post is your personal one about the walk. I wonder if you need to avoid the most common terms of the day when you are posting to assure that they aren't getting lost in the new "grouping" thing facebook is doing.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think part of the problem that we are having with FB is that if you do not interact with the SR Facebook page, you don't see the posts as much. So a lot of people are not seeing them anymore.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

The facebook post you just did came through fine. I have a group of christmas posts and a group of veterans day posts and then your post came through alone. I think it helped that it didnt mention christmas or holiday.
    Sunshine Rewards

Does the video blog update facebook through "Networked Blogs"? I noticed after the news feed redesign, all posts generated by Networked Blog stopped showing up in my news feed, SR as well as several others. Only recently have they started reappearing, and I don't know why.

The post you did today I'm more likely to notice than the Networked Blog posts, and they also show up more consistently in my news feed. Text accompanied the link with catches my attention.
    Kayla

Quote Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
    Does the video blog update facebook through "Networked Blogs"? I noticed after the news feed redesign, all posts generated by Networked Blog stopped showing up in my news feed, SR as well as several others. Only recently have they started reappearing, and I don't know why.

The post you did today I'm more likely to notice than the Networked Blog posts, and they also show up more consistently in my news feed. Text accompanied the link with catches my attention.
    I noticed that with the Networked blogs! I am thinking about shutting that down and posting everything manually.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs