Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October 2012

Default October 2012

So excited to go next year! I've been planning this since the summer and I'm excited it's finally under the year mark! My boyfriend and I will be heading to the World from 9/30-10/7. We're renting points at AKL, which I am stoked about because I've never stayed there and have always wanted to! We plan on taking full advantage of the dining plan as well. Is it crazy I already know where we want to eat? Let the planning begin!

Oh I forgot to mention, this trip is to celebrate my 30th birthday on October 5.

Sounds like you are going to have a great time. I love the planning part of the trip. Should be a great birthday.
    Michele
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

AKL is pretty great, especially if you're staying in a villa. Don't worry, we're all a little crazy here. You're in good company! Where are you going to eat in a year?
    Kayla

Quote Originally Posted by mdapiggy View Post
    Sounds like you are going to have a great time. I love the planning part of the trip. Should be a great birthday.
    So excited for it

Quote Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
    AKL is pretty great, especially if you're staying in a villa. Don't worry, we're all a little crazy here. You're in good company! Where are you going to eat in a year?
    For my birthday dinner, I'm torn between Narcoosee's and California Grill. Narcoosee's because of the lobster and California Grill because of the view. Any feedback?

The other restaurants are most likely going to be Ohana, Crystal Palace (I love Winnie the Pooh!), Via Napoli, Chefs de France, and Boma. I'd like to try Be Our Guest if it's open by then depending on what the menu looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
    For my birthday dinner, I'm torn between Narcoosee's and California Grill. Narcoosee's because of the lobster and California Grill because of the view. Any feedback?

The other restaurants are most likely going to be Ohana, Crystal Palace (I love Winnie the Pooh!), Via Napoli, Chefs de France, and Boma. I'd like to try Be Our Guest if it's open by then depending on what the menu looks like.
    All yummy choices! Narcoossee's also comes with a view, so you wouldn't completely miss out on that, just not the same as California Grill. I don't think you'd go wrong with either choice. One thing to keep in mind is that if you do this on a party night, there will be perimeter fireworks to see during HalloWishes. Not sure if this is enticing or a drawback for you, but you'll definitely want to check out MK's hours when you schedule your birthday dinner.
    Kayla

All yummy choices! Narcoossee's also comes with a view, so you wouldn't completely miss out on that, just not the same as California Grill. I don't think you'd go wrong with either choice. One thing to keep in mind is that if you do this on a party night, there will be perimeter fireworks to see during HalloWishes. Not sure if this is enticing or a drawback for you, but you'll definitely want to check out MK's hours when you schedule your birthday dinner.
    I'm pretty sure MNSSHP falls on the night of my birthday. I know California Grill pipes in the music for Wishes; would they do the same for Hallowishes? I think the fireworks are at 9:30 during the party so what would be a good time to make a reservation? 7:30-8?

It's 10 months from now and I've already put so much thought into it!

Quote Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
    I'm pretty sure MNSSHP falls on the night of my birthday. I know California Grill pipes in the music for Wishes; would they do the same for Hallowishes? I think the fireworks are at 9:30 during the party so what would be a good time to make a reservation? 7:30-8?

It's 10 months from now and I've already put so much thought into it!
    The only place I've watched event fireworks from is Top of the World Lounge, and HalloWishes music was played then. Viewing Wishes is such a big part of California Grill, I wouldn't worry about them not playing music.

I'd book closer to 8:00, but you don't have to be still eating your meal to use the observation deck. If you finish before (Hallo)Wishes, you can even leave California Grill and come back just to view fireworks from the observation deck. With a reservation around 8:00, that's pretty good timing for 9:30 fireworks. If you don't get a window seat (these types of requests can only be made when checking-in now), just tell your server you will be viewing Wishes from the deck, and they'll make sure to time your meal so nothing comes out while you're away from your table.

Trust me, I've spent lots of time thinking about things like this too! However, I have also learned the hard way that my plans don't always go how I expect Whether you eat at 6:00 or 9:00, I think you'll still have a magical birthday!
    Kayla

The only place I've watched event fireworks from is Top of the World Lounge, and HalloWishes music was played then. Viewing Wishes is such a big part of California Grill, I wouldn't worry about them not playing music.

I'd book closer to 8:00, but you don't have to be still eating your meal to use the observation deck. If you finish before (Hallo)Wishes, you can even leave California Grill and come back just to view fireworks from the observation deck. With a reservation around 8:00, that's pretty good timing for 9:30 fireworks. If you don't get a window seat (these types of requests can only be made when checking-in now), just tell your server you will be viewing Wishes from the deck, and they'll make sure to time your meal so nothing comes out while you're away from your table.

Trust me, I've spent lots of time thinking about things like this too! However, I have also learned the hard way that my plans don't always go how I expect Whether you eat at 6:00 or 9:00, I think you'll still have a magical birthday!
    Thank you so much for all the advice! I definitely plan on requesting a window seat and milking the 'It's my birthday' tactic as much as possible LOL. Thanks again!

SOOOO Jealous!!!

My birthday is in October too and it is a GREAT time to be in WDW. The halloween decorations are beautiful and Epcot has the Food and Wine Festival going on. My DH is not as big of a Disney nut as I am so he lets me go to "my happy place" for my birthday. We are DVC owners and AKV is our first home. You will LOVE it! We won't be back there until 2014 (OKW in June 2012 and HHI in April 2013) and I can't wait. Hopefully, I will be able to save enough SR to get back to WDW in October 2013 since I doubt I'll make it in 2012.

Keep us posted on all of your plans!