Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October 2012

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    SOOOO Jealous!!!

My birthday is in October too and it is a GREAT time to be in WDW. The halloween decorations are beautiful and Epcot has the Food and Wine Festival going on. My DH is not as big of a Disney nut as I am so he lets me go to "my happy place" for my birthday. We are DVC owners and AKV is our first home. You will LOVE it! We won't be back there until 2014 (OKW in June 2012 and HHI in April 2013) and I can't wait. Hopefully, I will be able to save enough SR to get back to WDW in October 2013 since I doubt I'll make it in 2012.

Keep us posted on all of your plans!
    When in October is your birthday? We went in 2009 and I loved the Food & Wine Festival. I can't wait to go to MNSSHP again too. My DBf isn't a Disney nut either (although I think he likes Disney more than he lets on lol).

Will do!

Quote Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
    When in October is your birthday? We went in 2009 and I loved the Food & Wine Festival. I can't wait to go to MNSSHP again too. My DBf isn't a Disney nut either (although I think he likes Disney more than he lets on lol).

Will do!
    Mine is the 16th...right in the middle. I'm hoping to get my friend (who's birthday is the 19th) to come with me on my next trip. She says that WDW doesn't appeal to her, but I know she would love the F&W festival.

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    Mine is the 16th...right in the middle. I'm hoping to get my friend (who's birthday is the 19th) to come with me on my next trip. She says that WDW doesn't appeal to her, but I know she would love the F&W festival.
    Crazy talk. It appeals to everyone! LOL

So I have an ING account with a savings account named 'Disney Fund.' I've been putting money in here periodically since the summer. Savings have been slow due to the holidays but once Christmas is over, I'm going to start cracking down on saving! Currently I'm up to $392.10. I'm trying to save at least $2000 for both our Walt Disney World vacation in October and also a 2 night Disney cruise we're taking in June. $1,607.10 to go!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
    So I have an ING account with a savings account named 'Disney Fund.' I've been putting money in here periodically since the summer. Savings have been slow due to the holidays but once Christmas is over, I'm going to start cracking down on saving! Currently I'm up to $392.10. I'm trying to save at least $2000 for both our Walt Disney World vacation in October and also a 2 night Disney cruise we're taking in June. $1,607.10 to go!

That's great!!!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Cashed in some MySurvey points for a $15 Paypal reward. Added that to my Disney Fund, bringing my grand total to $414.57.

$1,585.43 to go!

I can't believe Christmas is less than 2 weeks away! We decorated the house yesterday but I still haven't finished my shopping. I'm about 75% done and have some gifts wrapped. I'm off Thursday so I'm hoping to wrap more then. It's crunch time!

Made a deposit of $25.17 today bringing my grand total to $439.74. $1,560.26 to go!

I also cashed in some SR points for a $50 Disney gc! That will help in paying off our trip. I cashed in My Points for a $25 Landry's gc as well. I can use that at T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe in DTD. I'm hoping to get another one at some point next year. Also, for every credit card we sell here at AAA, we get $15 in Corporate Rewards that we can use to trade in for gift cards. I used some of that $ for stocking stuffer gifts and got an $25 Amex gift card for myself that will be used for the trip. We're going to have the DDP but I'm hoping any meal we have to pay for OOP can be paid for in gift cards!

Happy Holidays!

$19.84 deposit today to the Disney Fund bringing my grand total to $459.58. $1,540.42 to go!

Happy New Year!

I've made a lot of Disney Spending Money Fund deposits since my last update. I'm now up to $696.09.

I also have a separate checking account that is going toward paying off the actual trip itself. I'm going to type it all out so I have a place to keep track of it. This is my share - my boyfriend has his own fund

DVC Rental Balance Due - $310.20
    Ticket - $258.50
    Dining Plan - $412.32
    Estimated Airfare Cost - $250
    Total - $1231.02

Account balance - $441.47
    Disney Gift Cards - $77.50
    Total saved - $518.97

$712.05 to go!
    Not bad
    Last edited by jenny105; 02-09-2012 at 02:05 PM.