Thread: Question about Disney Games

Default Question about Disney Games

A couple of months ago, I ordered 2 separate one month Club Penguin memberships for my kids through SR. Since they do automatic renewal unless you cancel, I cancel the renewal right away so I don't forget about it in case the kids lose interest for a few months

Anyway, I never got credit for those 2 orders. I just ordered another one month membership for my daughter and did the same thing with the renewal cancellation. I was just wondering if I'll get credit for this or if I'm not getting credit b/c I don't do the recurrent billing???

I wasn't sure how this worked, do we only get credit if we do multi-month memberships or if we do the recurrent billing?

Thanks for your help!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I think you are supposed to get credit for whatever you pay for right away and will actually continue to get credits every month that you stay a member. But it must be a NEW membership. I don't think that they will give us credit for renewals only.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

ok, thanks, that would explain it I guess. Both of my kids have had memberships for a few years on and off as they lose and regain interest in CP. They hadn't been members for several months and then I subscribed again through SR when I saw that they were a merchant. But since they already had established accounts, that must count as a renewal, thus the no credit.

If that's the case, maybe you could add that on the Disney Games shopping link that it's not good for renewals so it would help if anyone else that's renewing doesn't see credits coming through???? (unless it's on there already somewhere and I missed it )

Thanks for your reply!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I think you are supposed to get credit for whatever you pay for right away and will actually continue to get credits every month that you stay a member. But it must be a NEW membership. I don't think that they will give us credit for renewals only.
    I wish I knew that before. I just cancelled both DDs six month memberships and paid for a year for each of them, thinking I would get the credits. Neither of the orders is pending, and I just filed a TT yesterday on the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by lkat View Post
    If that's the case, maybe you could add that on the Disney Games shopping link that it's not good for renewals so it would help if anyone else that's renewing doesn't see credits coming through???? (unless it's on there already somewhere and I missed it )

Thanks for your reply!
    Yes, I agree that would be helpful. I usually put the six-month gift cards in their stockings, but I paid for a year for both to get the credits (and the contest entries). I wouldn't have spent the money right now if I had known renewals didn't count. Their memberships were paid through the end of January already, but SR was offering increased cash back and I wanted the contest entries. I would have just bought the six month cards for Christmas, so I wasn't paying as much up front in case they lose interest.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I actually did go in and change the language a week or so ago to be "new member subscriptions" just in case. But I also have Ashleigh filing trouble tickets on the ones submitted to see if we might be able to get the money for them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I actually did go in and change the language a week or so ago to be "new member subscriptions" just in case. But I also have Ashleigh filing trouble tickets on the ones submitted to see if we might be able to get the money for them.
    It is nice of you to try - thanks! My second order is only eight days old - should I wait until ten days to file the TT, or should I file it so Ashleigh has them all together?

I do appreciate you trying to get paid for them - it's not the end of the world if they don't credit, but it is a fair amount since I bought two years, and I would have made a different choice if I knew renewals didn't count. I probably would have spent the money anyway, though, unless CP becomes less popular around here in the next few months.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards