Thread: daily scratchers??

Default daily scratchers??

were these changed?? I used to get one in (although not always the right square) everyday, now its saying i wasnt 1 of the randomly selected members??

Its really getting to be time to call it quits for me i think. Maybe ill give one more shot at the surveys for a bit, but ebay is gone (major one for me), and with most being only US... its really not worth it anymore

if i actually can get surveys now maybe ill stick around for that but, its doubtful.

Bleh, i want to stick around but all of the motivation is slowly leaving/being removed

is there going to be anything added to help make up for the things that are leaving? (there used to be almost daily paid clicks, lots of paid emails, the scratchers every day... even tho it was only a penny, those added up. theyre all gone now).

i dont mean to sound greedy, but just more like, everything is slowly being taken down/severely reduced. at least for canadians, where 90% of the offer ones arent valid for us.

but anyway tho i suppose my main question is will it be making a turn around once the economy is even better?
    Sunshine Rewards

The daily scratch off was changed to 600 random members a while back because people were logging on at midnight and doing it and nothing else, taking those chances away from everyone else. Those same people apparently did practically nothing else besides scratch off.

I'm not really sure what else to tell you about stuff for Canadians and the rest of your questions. Sorry!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Unfortunately, there just isn't any profit in any of that free stuff anymore. What we were finding was that 90% of the people who were clicking on the daily scratch off were not doing ANYTHING on SR except for the scratch off. So we were essentially paying them just to visit the site and never making a dime of of them. We would have gone bankrupt in a matter of months if we didn't start changing it up.

As for the other paid clicks and emails, part of it is definitely the economy. Advertisers are not putting as much money into advertising, so that kind of stuff is being cut out. They are basically paying only when people actually make purchases now--not just for people visiting their sites.

I think the biggest thing that changed in the last few years was that more and more people are learning how to get "something for nothing" online and have made a living off of it. So many blogs and forums that teach people how to screw companies over. So companies are really trying to protect themselves by limiting their exposure. Our profits are down about 50% from what they were back in "the day." To stay afloat, we've had to stop doing a lot of the free stuff we used to and cut back on things like Super Member gifts.

That said....we are ALWAYS looking for new ways to try to compensate. Have you tried some of the daily surveys besides the Greenfield one? I know that a few of the newer ones accept Canadian traffic as well.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

sometimes though, the scratcher was all you could get as the surveys didnt qualify. so it wasnt necessarily always that we didnt try anything else, just nothing was successful.

I guess i just loved ebay so much because it is directly aimed at, well, broke people. like, i would LOVE a new pair of shoes, to order supplements off of the one site (i forget which) that is on SR (which charges the same amount for shipping as for the supplement itself, at least for canada shipping-crazy), stuff as seen on tv, etc. but, im just too broke.

ebay was something you could go on and find something you really wanted for three dollars with free shipping (which at SR was 3 cents, but it all added up) a $100 pair of shoes is something else. *shrug*

maybe ill give another good try at the surveys. but quite a few ive gotten the "youre in canada so you cant" page... i just have a hard time remembering which ones, but i know greenfield accepts canadians.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm actually making more money doing survey's than the paid e-mails and the paid clicks.
    Sure the paid clicks were .05 or .10, but you can click on the coupons and get .20 a day so that makes up totally for the paid clicks. I gave my dh a $1.00 coupon today when he ran in and got 2 mountain dews at the gas station.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

the paid clicks for me were only ever 1 cent. not 10 lol.

But, which of these coupons are you referring to?
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

i believe she is talking about paid emails that were .05 or .10 cents. The coupons she is talking about is through coupons.com on SR. You get paid to print/use coupons each day. I would say that is a better value for your time. If your a supermember you can get .20 per day for printing/using those. If you arent I think it is still .10/.15 per day. Definitely adds up quicker than the .01-.03 cents for the scratch off.
    Sunshine Rewards

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    i believe she is talking about paid emails that were .05 or .10 cents. The coupons she is talking about is through coupons.com on SR. You get paid to print/use coupons each day. I would say that is a better value for your time. If your a supermember you can get .20 per day for printing/using those. If you arent I think it is still .10/.15 per day. Definitely adds up quicker than the .01-.03 cents for the scratch off.
    ohhh ok. thats why. im like 99% sure that coupons.com is US only.

There is something similar called save.ca here but, no rewards lol.

actually i remember trying and because of where i am, i couldnt even get coupons to print if i was going over to the US to shop, as i do live close. i remember trying before.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm also disappointed because I found it fun. If it is random, I'll never get picked. (LOL) I do use the coupons.com since I coupon. My time is limited and what I struggle with is spending 15-20 minutes just trying to get a survey. I've had to put a limit on it and quit after 15 minutes of trying.