Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to Mini Training

Default Back to Mini Training

I can't put it off any longer. The holidays are over. Home from Vegas. My cold is on its way out (although stubbornly lingering). Time to start back to mini marathon training. I always am both excited but dreading. I love the results but actually get NERVOUS before each of my runs. I have no idea why. Like right now I am waiting for Kevin to get off the treadmill and my stomach is in a knot. It's only 4 miles! I know I can do it. But I get all freaked inside my head.

Three months. 3 runs a week plus my normal 2 Zumba. When you look at it like that, it isn't that bad. But I'm still nervous!

I know how you feel! I feel like I have been in denial...the Princess 1/2 is only 36 days away!!! I did 8 miles last week and need to do 9 this week. Believe it or not, I am about to do it on the treadmill (maybe that's why I'm still sitting here!). I am finally finding a comfortable pace for me so that helps. Strangely I have found that if I run too slow, I get bored and distracted too easily. So finding that good pace has helped me focus. Trying not to think about it too much yet...just putting one foot in front of the other .
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh, wow! Yours is close! I find that the last 4 weeks of training really starts to take a toll on me, both mentally and physically. So feel free to come here for motivation whenever you need it!!

Busted out my 4 miles on the treadmill. Why was I so worried???

Good job on the run!! I know we've talked about it before, but it is so mental!! The first 4 miles were HARD today. But oddly, once I hit the 5 mile mark it was easier- I mean tiring, yes...but mentally I was so into it! I ended up getting in 10 miles. Feels great to get there!!

Mentally the last few weeks really are harder! I start getting nervous and wondering why I am doing this. So, I will definitely be back for motivation! It's great to have people to draw motivation from!

Now, I need some food!!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I just finished some strength training work with the Your Shape game on the Xbox and then some ab work. It was hard...I think I would have rather been running today!! It is entertaining to have my daughter working out beside me though .
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Just turn on your favorite show and get on that treadmill!
    Sunshine Rewards

I just thought I was sore yesterday....after the workout yesterday and running 4 miles today I can't even walk normal .
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    I just thought I was sore yesterday....after the workout yesterday and running 4 miles today I can't even walk normal .
    are you sure that is what is causing it?
    Sunshine Rewards

funny funny
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    are you sure that is what is causing it?
    Hahahahahhaa......

I just got in my training run in for today. Only 3 miles but after that killer Zumba class last night, it was a bit of a challenge.