Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When I first joined SR, I...

Default When I first joined SR, I...

was literally less than a week out of college, looking for a way to make extra money. At the time, I was 22, my nephews and niece were 10, 6, and 11. I've been with SR through the glory days of reward sites (once upon a time freebie cashouts paid my car payments), but I'm still here.

Now, I'm almost 28, the wee ones are Almost16, 12, and 17. I spent my last paypal cashout on graduate school application fees.

You?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

When I joined, I was planning our first Disney Cruise and was looking for ways to earn extra money. Now, we have been on 4 cruises - all partially funded by SR! Now I have a $500 Disney GC in my desk and another $500 in my account and we have no plans for another cruise or a Disney World Trip until maybe 2013 when the Fantasyland Expansion is done but part of that will be paid for due to DH's affliation with the project.

Last year I cashed out for a trip to Hawaii. We did Disney so many times when DD was little and then when we moved to Los Angeles, we had annual passes to Disneyland but now we are on a Disney holding pattern - trying to see other places.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

I thought how do people make any $$ with surveys that pay $.60-$.90 (at that time)? Once I found the forum and figured things out that all changed.

I read about SR on the DIS boards and joined 2 years ago. Was lucky enough to be here as the number of daily surveys went from 4 to 6 and now 9!

I cash out for my vacation fund through Pay Pal and am planning a family vacation to WDW in the Fall of 2013.

I am so glad that I found SR for the earnings, the contests and the fun. You can see from my signature how well I have done here at Sunshine Rewards.

I love reading these because you all have such a different perspective of SR than I do.

When I first joined SR, in 2007, I did it because my friend asked me to. I did not see the benefit of it then. $.30 here, $.90 there. How are you making money? She would always tell me how much she made from taking surveys, but I just didn't get it.

In the middle of 2009, I read a blog from a SR member who talked about how her WDW trips were being funded from surveys taken from SR. I sent her a direct message and she responded with step-by-step instructions on how SR worked. That was it!!

I took surveys each day for almost 2 years and that money helped partially fund our first WDW trip that we took in 2011.

Now my hubby wants to go back again and SR will be helping to make that happen.

I love Sunshine Rewards and the staff!!!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I joined because I saw a post on the Dis and the rest is history! My sixth anniversary of becoming a member is coming up on Feb.1 and I can't believe how much I have made in that time, almost at $5000, it's just amazing. The friends that I have made on here that I have personally met and continue to be in contact with is a bonus. I've always cashed out for Disney GC and use it to pay for all our food when we go to Disney. My fondest memory is when we always crashed the site when we were cashing out for those discounted Disney Cards....ahh, the memories!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Had not worked out of the home since my first child was born. All three were in school full time. Had extra time to do something and this looked perfect--easy, fun, no pressure and related to WDW. Extra money for our vacations. SR has been a win-win since I have joined.

When I joined Sr I was actually looking for a replacement site. You see, the other site kicked me out because I was earning too much money. I was feeling really blue and down and out. It really hurt that a "legitimate" site would/could actually do this. So late one night I was up researching reward programs and I came across Sunshine Rewards. The name alone made me feel better. I read a few reviews and decided to give it a try. I was hesitant at first because of the prior reward site. I started off earning money doing offers first. I cashed out as soon as I had enough to do so. Once I received my reward and confirmed SR was legitimate I started surveys and shopping. Since then I've gained so much. Extra monies for vacation or whatever I wanted to spend it on. And the friendships are unwavering from encouragement, well wishes to even snow being shipped to me! And the customer service is truly one of a kind. Awesome. I would never consider another reward site! After experiencing the best, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Thank you SR for being more than just the ordinary!
    Sunshine Rewards

I was home with two little kids. I was new to being a stay at home mom, and needed some way to do something to give me something outside of just being mom. Kids are wonderful, and I'm still at home with them and enjoying every minute of it, but it sure feels good to have the pat on the back of I got an offer, or a survey, or even just the scratch off.

We use the money to buy food and extras at Disney when we go. I can give each kid a card, and they know they can get any snack or treat when we are out in the parks. It lets them have the choices and freedom... and I don't have to penny pinch. It took the guilt away from eating in the park and made the vacation fun on another level. I don't have to stress over each penny.

Plus it gives me a good feeling that I can contribute a small part to the vacation with money I earned.

Thanks SR
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

When I joined I found SR through the DISboards while planning our first Disney trip in 2005. I was relatively new to the rewards site thing, but quickly earned enough to have a little bit extra in gift cards to use toward souveniers on that trip. I am not a huge earner here, like some, and I have to say that my activity here goes in waves. I am definitely more active when planning a trip or when I have something in mind to work toward. BUT SR has helped me fund our Disney trips in 2007 and 2009 with extra cash to spend on souvies and "extras" like Cirque. The reason I stay around, even though not very active right now...I know that SR is reputable and honest, and I love the people and true relationships I have gained from the site, and specifically the forums. When I moved into my new home in Sept, the New England SR girls (whom have met in person on more than one occasion) got together and sent me housewarming gifts! I never thought I would gain true friends from a rewards site, but I have, and I don't take that for granted. Thanks Tricia for running a wonderful site, even when I am not able to be as active as I would like.
    Sunshine Rewards