Thread: If there is anyone here who drives to Disney.....

Default If there is anyone here who drives to Disney.....

What do you bring for the kids to snack on for the car ride? Maybe we can pass ideas on to each other. Last year I made rice krispie treats and they were a huge hit, so this year I am making mickey rice krispie squares and mickey pbj sandwiches. I got a mickey cookie cutter to cut out the shapes and I am going to dip the ears in chocolate and add sprinkles, put them popsicle sticks and wrap them up. I know the kids will love it. I also always buy something for the kids that they dont get very often like fruit roll ups and let them have one if they start to get restless. Would love to hear any other ideas that people have.

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

green grapes are awesome in the car. I would recommend other fruits but they get messy (blueberries, blackberries, etc). How about the prepackaged apple slices?

String cheese and nuts might be good as well.
    Sunshine Rewards

Hi Kerry,

It's good to see that you're planning for the future! There is nothing more exciting than planning vacation. I will be doing the same shortly. We did Disneyland in 2006 and DisneyWorld 2007. This year we're heading to Seattle! Well, who knows, maybe on our way home we can talk Daddy into a one night stay in Anehiem. LOL.

Anyway, we always do road trips. I love them the most and boy have we created some wonderful family memories. We have a ton of snacks, treats and activities to keep everyone happy. DH, normally prepares both fried chicken and chicken salad. We take along water, juices, soda, fresh fruit, cereal, milk, chips, cookies, pudding, fruit cups, candy, pop tarts, pickles, vienna sausages, nuts and I'm sure I'm leaving off something. LOL. But the van is loaded with everything! This is the only time that it's "no holds barred" on junk. LOL. And they give it their all. LOL.

For activities, we take movies, playstation, music, coloring books, crayons, tablets, flashcards, playing cards, board games, magazines, books and dolls.

Wow, all of this is getting me excited! LOL. I can't wait for summer vacation. Happy planning!
    Sunshine Rewards

Hi Kerry!

We love road trips, too. We haven't driven to Disney, but have been to South Dakota and Minnesota which are full-day drives from St. Louis.

I like to take hard candy, bananas, trail mix that I make (pretzels, m&m's, peanuts, raisins, cheerios, and mini marshmallows I think), soda, bottled water, and coffee for me.

Our road trip tradition is to stop early on at a gas station and everyone gets to pick one snack to share and a drink. Besides that we usually just snack on what we bring. We do stop to eat at various fast food places, too. We don't do that much at home so it's a vacation treat.

Our kids each have their own portable DVD players, and they each bring a backpack with stuff to do... Barbies, MLPonies, Polly Pockets, baseball cards, books to read, tablets to draw or write, etc. And they each have a blanket/pillow/& stuffed animal.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Cheese-Its!!! I think DD10 survived on them her first trip to WDW. They were her favorite food. We carried them in the car and in little baggies while in the park for quick snacks.

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Love these ideas...we will need then in April also so keep em coming!
    Sunshine Rewards

Hi Kerry,
    We've never driven to Disney, but we do NJ to SC to visit family (about 13 hrs.) I usually bring granola bars, cereal, fruit and that type stuff to start the morning, then we do a breakfast stop for doughnuts and sugary junk they don't usually eat about 4 hrs into the trip. Later I have candy, fruit snacks chips and that type thing plus water & juice boxes all day. To entertain them we bring the DVD players, books, puzzle books, travel games, ipods, noebooks and markers. I also have a stash of new stuff that they've never seen before (whatever they are into at the time). I really don't mind long car trips, I kind of enjoy them, but we draw the line at 13 hrs. I can't do the last 7 to go to Disney. For that we fly!

Have fun. I'm sure the kids will love the RC treats and Mickey novelty items!
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

A favoirte thing for our ride is the Mad Libs to do in the car and event he driver can chime in! We bring the dvd player which sadly died and now 10 days out I will be shopping for a new dvd player. I pack sandwiches and fruit in the collapsable cooler. I have made cookies and brownies in the past but not this year!

WIll do more fruit and maybe make my sons favorite rainbow cookies and dh's oatmeal cookies. I too have that mickey head cookie cutter and may do that. Hard candies and fruit are our susual snacks.

My favoirte thing on the ride is to turn the pages on the trip ticket from AAA. Its a long ride form PA so every page counts!

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

We already have movies in the car, so we just take the playstation and games. For us the ride is only 6 hours, so a movie, short nap and some video games and we are there

For snacks we take granola bars, fruit, nuts, frozen go-gurts. Anything along those lines. Water bottles and juice boxes are a must. We only stop once (Starbucks and gas) so we eat and drive. Our kiddos are older and we don't have to do the stopping every 2 hour thing.

Now I wanna plan my vacation!!!!
    Sunshine Rewards