Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about Boma dinner

Default Tell me about Boma dinner

We were able to change our fligts thanks to a SWA sale and will now have half a day extra to work with on our early May mom/dad only weekend!

I don't want to buy another day of park tickets so was thinking of non-park things to do our first evening. Of the various things I suggested to DH (including checking out the boardwalk and going to ESPN club for wings & beer -- what a wife!), he picked go to AKL, eat at Boma, and check out AKL villas if they have a DVC tour (what a guy!!).

Has anyone had dinner there? How did you like it? Must try food items? And can you wander around the resort and actually see animals?

Thanks!

I'll be eagerly waiting to hear others' responses - we have not eaten dinner at Boma before (thought we have had b'fast there and loved it!) but will be on our August trip. As for seeing animals, some of the windows in the hallways have great views of the savannahs, plus you can walk outside and see them. We went out one night and saw them with night vision goggles, and that was REALLY cool!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Boma is my favorite TS at WDW. They have something for every one: from curry tofu, to salmon, to falafel and prime rib. They also have Mac n cheese, which receives a high rating from my nephew-and he eats enough of it. The desserts are excellent.

I *think* the AKL mock-ups are only at SSR. A DVC tour might be fun, though, and then dinner at DTD, followed by the Adventurer's Club.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Boma is my favorite TS at WDW. They have something for every one: from curry tofu, to salmon, to falafel and prime rib. They also have Mac n cheese, which receives a high rating from my nephew-and he eats enough of it. The desserts are excellent.

I *think* the AKL mock-ups are only at SSR. A DVC tour might be fun, though, and then dinner at DTD, followed by the Adventurer's Club.
    Thanks, Heather. If you do a DVC tour, do they give you anything? Fastpasses or something? It might be a good thing to do that afternoon before heading for dinner... and yes, maybe the Adventurer's Club to have a drink for you

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    Thanks, Heather. If you do a DVC tour, do they give you anything? Fastpasses or something? It might be a good thing to do that afternoon before heading for dinner... and yes, maybe the Adventurer's Club to have a drink for you
    I got 3 instant Fastpasses and free ice cream. I've heard if you play it right, you can do better (gift cards?)-but I wanted to take the tour.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I got 3 instant Fastpasses and free ice cream. I've heard if you play it right, you can do better (gift cards?)-but I wanted to take the tour.
    That would be me, too. I want to take the tour!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

We're going to Boma in April too! Very excited, but I have to say "something for everyone: curry tofu, to salmon, to falafel and prime rib."..... none of those appeal to me....I wonder if we shouldn't eat there???? I guess I could have mac n' cheese & desserts...I heard the zebra domes are awesome!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

My family went there last year and enjoyed it. I liked the soup area with about 6 different kinds - my favorite the butternut squash soup.

We arrived early and walked around the resort and were able to see the animals. We also had fun checking out the shopping area since some of the items were unique to that resort.

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

We were SO excited about eating here, but sadly, we did not like it at all. We are big foodies and not picky at all, but the food here was not our thing.

The first thing we noticed was everything was sweet. The rice was sweet, the black-eyed peas were sweet, the soups were sweet...LOL...almost everything was sweet. They cook with a lot of coconut and coconut milk which didn’t jive well with us. I liked the steak in au jus and the potatoes and we all enjoyed the desserts. The kids (16 and 17) ended up eating off the kid's bar. The carrot ginger soup was good, but I didn’t like sweetness in my seafood chowder (some things just shouldn’t be sweet lol).

We loved the resort and the décor of the restaurant. It was gorgeous! We walked all over the place but never saw any animals. We ate early though and it was still hot outside so they were probably still escaping the FL sun!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Interesting reviews, thank you! We are going to eat here in Sept, cause my Mom loves it- I'm not too sure. I guess as long as there is salmon, prime rib and potatoes I'm good.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin