Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum fun!

Default Forum fun!

Ok, have to admit, it's been awhile since I have hung out in the forum. I check it every once in awhile. But I miss the chatter! Miss the conversations, the fun stuff! Can we get that going again?!?!

Anyone have fun plans for the summer?! What are you earning for? Have any personal goals you are working on?

I am going to Daytona Beach in three weeks. Working towards earning money so I can go on a cruise. And...trying to lose the last 20 pounds. Down 51, only 20 more to go! I want to wear a bikini on that cruise! LOL

Ok...who's next?!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I still want to go somewhere for my 50th birthday-I actually turned 50 last September-but still haven't celebrated. I told my dd-want to do a "last minute cruise again?"

I love planning trips, but sometimes doing last minute vacations are just as fun.

I am going on a cruise next month! Just a short one - taking the Disney Magic 2 nighter out of NYC. Working to save for our Disney World vacation in October for my 30th birthday!

Other than that, I have a lot of weddings to attend this summer!

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    I still want to go somewhere for my 50th birthday-I actually turned 50 last September-but still haven't celebrated. I told my dd-want to do a "last minute cruise again?"

I love planning trips, but sometimes doing last minute vacations are just as fun.
    You need to celebrate!! Last minute trips are so fun! I like just having to go with the flow instead of overplanning like I tend to do if I have a long time to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by cjnix32 View Post
    You need to celebrate!! Last minute trips are so fun! I like just having to go with the flow instead of overplanning like I tend to do if I have a long time to do it!
    I had a melt down at Epcot 5 years ago, waiting for my dh in the smoking area by Mission Space. He taught me to slow down. I know smoking is wrong and I try to get him to quit everyda.

We actually met the nicest people in the smoking areas. Some of our fondest memories are meeting people in these areas. And we had some great conversations when we slowed down. I was so commando and my husband hated touring the parks like that.

We are heading to WDW in early June!! This has been a rough year so far so we are really ready for this trip!!

I had to cancel our trip for the Princess 1/2 Marathon earlier this year because my son was in the hospital for 2 weeks. That with some other family medical stuff has been exhausting! The kids are super excited for the trip! We'll be there for the last weekend of Star Wars weekends. My husband also wants to try to do a surprise trip to DL at the end of the summer so we are working on planning that now too!

Surveys have been really good for me, so I am adding as much as I can to our Disney funds!

I am also running again. I had trained and was ready for the 1/2 marathon right before his hospital stay. I just now started running again last month and am trying to build up speed now. My husband and I are planning to run a 1/2 marathon together in the Fall so I need to figure out our training plans for that. We are also really wanting to do the Marathon weekend at WDW in January if we can figure out the logistics with the kids
    Sunshine Rewards

my parents decided to surprise the family (my two brothers and our spouses/children) with a trip to DW in January! I recently found sunshine rewards when planning for the trip and now I am addicting to saving as much as I can before January.

Its been tough though to do all the surveys because I work full time and don't have the internet at home.....

On a non-disney note, we are buying r first house in a week! soooooo exciting and LOTS to get done...looks like this will be a very exciting summer

We're working toward our Disney trip of the year in a few weeks and I am so excited! We didn't spend much time there last year because we did Universal and a Disney Cruise. So I am ready to hit every single ride and attraction this year!!

I'm also trying to convince SunshineGuy that he and the kids should come to New York with me before Affiliate Summit in August. If I can get the finances worked out, it would be a great opportunity. So I'm not counting on it yet...but trying to work toward it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Great idea for a thread! Everyone has such exciting plans and, for once, so do I! DH and I are leaving soon for a tour of England, Scotland and Wales to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary (a few months early, lol!)
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Wow. This is a wonderful thread. Thanks for sharing. All of the plans sound great! I don't know what we are going to do yet. We are kinda last minute surprise kinda people most of the time. LOL. At first I hated that but now I kinda like it. DH has finally rubbed off on me. So this Summer I'm not sure where we are heading.

However, next summer we are definitely heading to Hawaii. So I'm going to try and earn as much as I can with my surveys and shopping. Maybe this will help me get motivated again since I have a long term goal.
    Sunshine Rewards