Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum fun!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

No plans for the summer but we just got back from two weeks at Disney. I'm trying to earn another $500 GC to bring on our next two week trip to Disney in October. Now if you asked what people were doing next year that would be another story. In January we are going on a cruise to the Caribbean, March a cruise to Hawaii, July a cruise to Alaska and then October I'm bringing my SIL to Disney as my poor husband by this time has run out of vacation days, I guess someone has to work to pay for all this!!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I'm so envious of everyone's plans. I was in Disney last October, but my nephew is getting married at the end of June so that's been the focus in my family for the last few months.

No plans for summer vacation this year (). I need some landscaping work done including a French drain, so that's where my money is going this summer.

I'm hoping for a trip in the Fall with my sister to the outlets in Lancaster, PA and Delaware (yay!! no sales tax). Always stop in Gettysburg on the way back, stay overnight, have dinner at the Dobbin House, and walk around town. I love Gettysburg. If you've never been there, it really is a must see place.

Enjoy your summer everyone!!
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyDog View Post
    I'm so envious of everyone's plans. I was in Disney last October, but my nephew is getting married at the end of June so that's been the focus in my family for the last few months.

No plans for summer vacation this year (). I need some landscaping work done including a French drain, so that's where my money is going this summer.

I'm hoping for a trip in the Fall with my sister to the outlets in Lancaster, PA and Delaware (yay!! no sales tax). Always stop in Gettysburg on the way back, stay overnight, have dinner at the Dobbin House, and walk around town. I love Gettysburg. If you've never been there, it really is a must see place.

Enjoy your summer everyone!!
    Love Gettysburg, I am a Civil War history buff.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I finally have my internet back at home. We had a storm last week that knocked the power out and I think fried our old router - that or when everything came back on the settings were crossed. So I ordered a new router that came in today and have it all set back up. I refuse to pay AT&T $15 a month to have them fix the connection between their modem and my router. I also refuse to pay $30 to get help from Linksys when I can buy a better router for that price.

So nothing new going on here. I've been slacking on the weight loss and am mad at myself. I'm heading to the gym tonight. I have been dabbling with a personal budget for myself the past 2 months. So far I've failed but I'm learning alot. We have a trip to Disney booked for September so I'm hoping to get back to the surveys so I can pay a little more of our trip off with "free money". We are also planning a Baltic cruise next August but Royal Caribbean hasn't released the ability to book it yet and so I'm just waiting around and can't officially say I'm going yet.
    Sunshine Rewards

So glad everyone has joined me! Everyone sounds like they are gearing up for a great summer!!! We are also hoping to explore more of Michigan. We love going for drives, and just discovering places to hike, or things to see. We didn't get out nearly as much last summer as we would have liked. But this will be our second one here, so time to get going! Hoping to head north for the 4th of July, as we usually try to go that time, as it is my husband's birthday. But not having luck with availability at our favorite resort.

If anyone lives in Northern Ohio, my cousin is playing baseball for the Lake Erie Crushers this summer. Go check them out!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I'll buck the trend and say I'm looking forward to staying home this summer! Last fall and winter our lives were insanely busy helping to open a new restaurant, and it seems like once that settled down we had two weeklong trips just a month and a half apart. This week I finally feel like we can settle into a normal routine, although our new normal is busier than just one year ago.

These two recent trips have put a dent in my vacation savings, so I'm hoping to earn some extra on SR to help pay for our November trip! We're going with friends, each of us have a 1 bedroom at Bay Lake Tower. We've stayed there once before and we're really excited to go back. I haven't seen Christmas decorations in WDW for a while, so I'm ready to soak up everything, maybe pitch a tent at Osborne Lights
    Kayla

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyDog View Post
    Good to hear! I've never been and I'm a sucker for 'haunted' places & really want to check Gettysburg out. I was hoping to go this summer. We usually go to Hersheypark for a day and I was hoping to turn it into a mini-vacation with a stop at Gettysburg as well. I hope we can!

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Great idea for a thread! Everyone has such exciting plans and, for once, so do I! DH and I are leaving soon for a tour of England, Scotland and Wales to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary (a few months early, lol!)
    I just got back from Scotland a few weeks ago. Loved it! What a beautiful country.

I feel like my summer is over already and it hasn't even started! My DD made the All Star Team for softball and there are three tournaments over the next 4 weeks, this year only one is an overnight trip to San Juan/Capistrano.

DD is heading to MI in July after 4 weeks of summer school, she'll spend a week with her BFF and then I pick her up and we head to Chicago for my DS wedding reception (she was married in Jamaica in Nov). We'll spend a week there and then head to Washington, DC for 6 days - meeting up with DH. Then we will drive to Tennessee for my niece's wedding, we'll only be there for the weekend.

We are thinking of going to WDW in November - no plans yet - I was told that the Fantasyland expansion would be opening then - so we'll try to tie our plans to that. Hopefully, Disney will come thru with some tickets for us as DH is the creative architect for the project.

Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

congrats! Happy 40th!