Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Forum fun!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    I'm jealous of all the trips you guys have planned! I've been cleared medically to do Cedar Point in a few weeks, so that could be an adventure with me coming off a broken ankle. Other than that, I'm sticking to short trips this summer. I'd like to make a trip to Cincinnati and do something with my brother for a few days, but haven't gotten a date figured out for that yet.

    I'm thinking next year might work for a Disney trip for me....I've been made permanent at my job, but I don't think I have the vacation time available this year for that nor the finances. Maybe next year....
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

    Sunshine Rewards







  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,262

    Default

    I'm doing an abbreviated trip to the vineyard this year. 4th of July weekend I am going to NYC for a family thing. Labor day weekend, I am going to a friend's wedding in Westchester. I am hoping to get to affiliate summit east, but trips to NYC add up. I was wanting to go to Disneyland, but I think I may skip it for moving expenses.
    I am planning on going to the marathon weekend, my brother is running the half, and my dsil the 5k.

    I am ridiculously busy getting stuff ready for the fall. I am trying to set up my field placement, and find an apartment (I had an interview yesterday, and saw 2 places today).
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

  3. #23
    m 'n c's Avatar
    m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
    I just got back from Scotland a few weeks ago. Loved it! What a beautiful country.
    Did you see Nessie? My mom has been to Scotland twice (never made it up to Nessie) and I would like to go sometime in the future. She always talks about how beautiful it is up there.
    Sunshine Rewards

  4. #24
    m 'n c's Avatar
    m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    I'm jealous of all the trips you guys have planned! I've been cleared medically to do Cedar Point in a few weeks, so that could be an adventure with me coming off a broken ankle. Other than that, I'm sticking to short trips this summer. I'd like to make a trip to Cincinnati and do something with my brother for a few days, but haven't gotten a date figured out for that yet.

    I'm thinking next year might work for a Disney trip for me....I've been made permanent at my job, but I don't think I have the vacation time available this year for that nor the finances. Maybe next year....
    Congrats on the permanent job! I remember how long you were looking before this one came along.
    Sunshine Rewards

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Thanks Cate! Yeah, I spent 10 months of being unemployed or *barely* employed (one month temp assignment in there along with 5-10 hours a week PT at my former job the last 6 weeks of unemployment), and then I spent 13 months being a contract worker. I was really nervous in March when my contract was about to expire at the end of the month and there had been no extension and they were still a few weeks away from a decision about the permanent job. This was right after I broke my ankle and cold not drive, so my coworkers volunteered to drive me to and from work. I actually went to work April 2 without a finalized contract in place, but knew I would have it finalized any day at that point! I have some truly wonderful coworkers now!

    How's your job going? I know you went through the same thing last year.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

    Sunshine Rewards







  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    Posts
    663

    Default

    It really is great to see updates from all of your lives! I've missed my SR people!

    Did my third 5K today! Had my best time yet!! Glad to hear your job is going well, Cate, and hopefully you will be at 100% health soon! Cedar Point..we are thinking of heading there this summer sometime soon.

    Kayla...enjoy your "less busy" time! And a restaurant? You and Tom just can't keep only one iron in the fire?!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

  7. #27
    m 'n c's Avatar
    m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    Thanks Cate! Yeah, I spent 10 months of being unemployed or *barely* employed (one month temp assignment in there along with 5-10 hours a week PT at my former job the last 6 weeks of unemployment), and then I spent 13 months being a contract worker. I was really nervous in March when my contract was about to expire at the end of the month and there had been no extension and they were still a few weeks away from a decision about the permanent job. This was right after I broke my ankle and cold not drive, so my coworkers volunteered to drive me to and from work. I actually went to work April 2 without a finalized contract in place, but knew I would have it finalized any day at that point! I have some truly wonderful coworkers now!

    How's your job going? I know you went through the same thing last year.
    My job is going well. I had a good "annual" review in March and it went well and was very positive. I am finally getting into a good routine and have done my tasks enough for me to get through them without many review notes/changes which was a big worry of mine when I first started.

    It is funny how hindsight works. I am close with one of my old coworkers and she has just been run into the ground since I left. I'm really glad I was fired so I didn't have to go through what she is going through.
    Sunshine Rewards

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjnix32 View Post
    Kayla...enjoy your "less busy" time! And a restaurant? You and Tom just can't keep only one iron in the fire?!
    It's Tom, he's been like that since I met him! I just try to keep up with him
    Kayla

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    754

    Default

    I realized that I have to get in gear with taking surveys because we have a trip to WDW planned next Christmas for 2 weeks. Next month, the DH and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary and since we are saving for WDW, we will do something small like a dinner. I am in the home stretch with school and will be graduating in December-I can't wait until its over. It takes up so much of my time.

    Its nice to give a little insight to my SR family.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,893

    Default

    No special vacation plans for this summer, day trips and maybe a weekend away. Planning a big vacation to WDW in the fall of 2013 helped along by my SR earnings.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •