Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did my thread go?

Default Where did my thread go?

I started a thread earlier about a problem I was having. It has disappeared, when I was about to try some of the tips people suggested. Was there some type of problem? It's not even showing up in my "threads started".

Just do a search. All those same suggestions are still out there. I deleted it. All it became was a complaining thread, not informational and we don't need more of that. We do however have tons of threads with suggestions on how to get credits and shopping and surveys to credit.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Wow, talk about a handslap.

Quote Originally Posted by TtownAnne View Post
    Actually, its to stop all the negativity on the board. I'll repeat this one more time. When things aren't crediting we know it and we pull the offer. If they are crediting decently, 99.9% of the time its the members computer that is somehow blocking the credit. It doesn't seem to take much, maybe a firewall, or spyware, even a cleaner running at the time. But, we don't want everyone thinking they can't get credit for an offer or offers because its not working for one person, or even a few. It makes the members discouraged, and that is why I will delete negative threads that have no meaning.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Actually, its to stop all the negativity on the board. I'll repeat this one more time. When things aren't crediting we know it and we pull the offer. If they are crediting decently, 99.9% of the time its the members computer that is somehow blocking the credit. It doesn't seem to take much, maybe a firewall, or spyware, even a cleaner running at the time. But, we don't want everyone thinking they can't get credit for an offer or offers because its not working for one person, or even a few. It makes the members discouraged, and that is why I will delete negative threads that have no meaning.
    I did not know that a cleaner could prevent an offer from crediting! Good to know for future use!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I think that the other problem is that you stated from the beginning that you didn't want any advice about cleaning cookies when the fact that you weren't cleaning cookies at all is most likely the EXACT reason why you aren't getting credits. Since you weren't interested in advice about clearing cookies and the majority of the responses were concerning cleaning cookies the thread was kinda useless. Wouldn't you say?
    Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

I know it feels that way, but there has been a wealth of information posted on this. There is nothing that can be done about non-crediting of free offers. When I talk to people about the site, I always tell them read the forum before asking questions. Use the search function; it is great for finding answers. I still use it all the time! It is frustrating when things don't credit, but try to remember that the free offers are just that, free offers. I know it seemed a little harsh, but SR works very hard to accomodate us and help us all make money and to make this the best reward site/community there is. When there seems to be a lot of complaining about the same things over and over, it is frustrating for them as well.
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by andrea2289 View Post
    I know it feels that way, but there has been a wealth of information posted on this. There is nothing that can be done about non-crediting of free offers. When I talk to people about the site, I always tell them read the forum before asking questions. Use the search function; it is great for finding answers. I still use it all the time! It is frustrating when things don't credit, but try to remember that the free offers are just that, free offers. I know it seemed a little harsh, but SR works very hard to accomodate us and help us all make money and to make this the best reward site/community there is. When there seems to be a lot of complaining about the same things over and over, it is frustrating for them as well.
    I agree, Andrea. At first when I read the answer I thought, "wow" until I thought about it. We simply can't complain and drag the whole community down. If I read negative post after negative post, it honestly makes me want to stay away from the forum, and if I stay away from the forum I don't earn as much!

I will say that I love the search function on this site --- even though I don't use it often enough and am probably guilty of asking questions that have already been addressed myself

Okay folks, hang on - I ONLY mentioned the cookie issue because one of the admin. herself (and don't ask me which one, I don't remember because it was months ago) said it in another thread the last time there was some big problem, so I presumed that if an admin. was still participating with no problems then there was no reason I couldn't too. Be that as it may, I have Firefox so I can't even find how to clear cookies. C'est la vie - it affects my participation. Hence why I was trying to figure it out - not *complaining* but asking for suggestions. Thanks to all the people that offered me help before the thread was removed.
    Last edited by TtownAnne; 03-13-2008 at 12:03 PM.

I don't actually know how Firefox affects all of the offers or shopping. Maybe we need to start a thread in the technical area for Firefox users specifically and start combining some of the wisdom we are accumulating on Firefox issues?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs