Thread: Tourist Visas

Hybrid View

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Tourist Visas

Anyone have experience obtaining visas for foreign travel? We are going to need a single entry visa for Russia next year. Quite frankly, I don't want to send my passport through the mail in order to get my visa and risk it being lost. So luckily we have a Russian Consulate here in Houston and it appears that I can just go there to get it. I'm wondering if I will still have to leave my passport and pick it up on another day. It just seems like it would be the easiest option.
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Anyone have experience obtaining visas for foreign travel? We are going to need a single entry visa for Russia next year. Quite frankly, I don't want to send my passport through the mail in order to get my visa and risk it being lost. So luckily we have a Russian Consulate here in Houston and it appears that I can just go there to get it. I'm wondering if I will still have to leave my passport and pick it up on another day. It just seems like it would be the easiest option.
    Yes! It was a major PIA! We had to get a one visa when we adopted our daughter - the visa was a double entry and was good for both trips. When we adopted our son (2 years later) we had to get 2 visas - one for each trip. I suggest finding a service to handle the visa. We used a service in NYC and one in DC. I liked the one in DC much better. My guess is yes you will have to leave your passport and pick it up - when we applied for our visas - we did the rush - it still took 3 days to get it! Good Luck and let me know what you decide. Where in Russia are you going?
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Oh lordy. I researched more about it the other night and found out that a 1 day single entry/exit visa will cost us over $500. So we will be touring our entire day there because I can't afford $500 for 16 hours. Talk about sticker shock. Maybe when we go visit Moscow I'll do it.
    Sunshine Rewards