Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: inspire me..Gift cards..

I took about $400.00 in SR GCs on my last trip and it was great. I loved having all of our spending $$ covered. We paid for BBB and souvies, alcoholic drinks, and pins. It was a great trip and I loved knowing that I earned that $$ having fun here. So far I have about $250.00 for my Sept trip, I'm just waiting for the next cashout. I also have about $400.00 from my Disney Visa and hopefully will have more by the time we go. I'm applying the DV $$ to the package and using SR $$ for spending or maybe for MNSSHP tickets. I like to use my SR $$ for fun extras.

Have I mentioned today that I SR!
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

I have always used many differet denominations with the giftcards (just depends if I have cashed out for bigger ones during the disney cashout or cashed out for smaller amounts when I felt like a little reward) No one has ever said anything to me......always pay for our meal plan, little extras, fun stuff for the kids while we are there (those dang hair wraps are expensive when you have 2 little gilrs with long hair!)

One thing I alway do is put a small sticky note on the card and update the balance for myself, so I know how much is left on that particular card...when you have a bunch of them it is a quick way to remember

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Wow i a so excited now!!!! i took 200 in gift cards from sr in january and now i have live 123.00 i think right now just sitting there saving up!!!!

I had between 500 and 600 last time. We're going back in August already though (less than a year of saving). Not sure how much we'll have there, but I'm going to let it build until a special cash out or July...
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

We took $900 in gift cards on our trip in January. Our hotel and tickets were already paid for so the gift cards were just to spend on whatever we wanted. It was so nice to have the chance to let the boys pick out something that I wouldn't normally buy for them. We all got nice jackets (the boys got adidas warm-ups from Germany and I got a nice lined blue zip up jacket with the 4 symbols from the park embroidered in gold and my normally stingy husband even got a jacket). It was a big splurge but I didn't care. I just would wrap the latest receipt around the card until it was used up. I don't think I used even $100 of our own money on the trip.

At the end of the trip I was so disappointed because I thought I used all my gcs. When I got home I called the 1-800 # on the back and checked on all the balances. Boy was I glad I did. I have $188 left over!! All ready and waiting for our next trip.
    Last edited by Weluvdisny; 04-10-2008 at 10:15 AM.
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

wow that is so great!!! and already and heads up for next trip lucky duck

This is very inspiring! I have 100 now and hopefully one more before we leave on the 1st of April! SOmedays when I can't get one survery I will refer to this thread and remind to hang in there!

I am hoping we can do a trip this year around Christmas time even if its just for a few days and will work on my earnings for that trip hopefully it will be more substainal.

The cards will help pay for the little extras!

I am trying to earn right now and have read in the forum about extra disney cash outs. By April of 09 I hope to have a few hundred saved up. Good luck to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseBrains View Post
    I am trying to earn right now and have read in the forum about extra disney cash outs. By April of 09 I hope to have a few hundred saved up. Good luck to everyone.
    Just curious, how much do you have now? How long have you been saving? I have almost $400, and it's been about 9 months. If you make $100 in a quarter you're a SM, that's my motivation, and I mostly just do the free stuff, and shopping.
    Lisa

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket

OK, I have 4 Disney trips I have done with SR monies to lighten the load.

The first: Disneyland 2006. I do not remember how much I had- I know I had been doing SR for about 4 months. I am guessing I had about $100-140. I remember specifically buying 2-3 meals with that money, as well as snacks, etc.

WDW 2007- I know I had about 350-400. I had several $100 gift cards and a wad of Disney Dollars. I remember those gift cards paid for SEVERAL meals- we seriously did not charge or use cash the first 4 days we were there. I also used a $25 at Basin White at the Grand Floridian, we bought goofy sombreroes for the boys at Epcot that was about $30, and I remember I bought a WL picture frame and totem pole for about $50.

DL- October 2007- I think I had about $200. I know we used it at Steakhouse 55 for about a $100 dinner, and that we seriously bought about $100 worth of pins with the 'fun' money. (this was just an adult trip).

WDW 2008 (June) so far I have $525. I want at least $75 more and I'm at $23 in my balance. My goal I made last September when we booked the trip was $600, and I did it. I think what I am going to do is just put $500 on the room when we get there to pay for the dining plan (we are staying DVC, so we don't have to pay for it until check in). That pays for about 40% of our food for a TEN DAY TRIP- for FIVE people- to me that is AMAZING. I think the other $100 I will pocket for fun money- I am addicted to Basin White in the Grand Floridian, and I will also just want to have it on hand for anything impulsive and silly, that I know I won't want to spend my 'real' money on. If I can, I will earn more than the $600- every bit helps. But then I need to restart, as I have a goal of $200 for our September trip. Ideally I would like to earn $300, so we will see where I end up!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin