Thread: Disney Beach Club Trip

Default Disney Beach Club Trip

We are home from our first trip to the Disney Beach Club! It was a good trip, but not one of the best that we have had.

Good: Loved how close the Beach Club was to Epcot. The kids also really enjoyed the pools. Wish we had set aside more time for the pools. Fun dinners at Luau and HoopDeeDoo. Plus a couple of favorites like fish and chips in Epcot and breakfast at Whispering Canyon.

Bad: Crowds were TERRIBLE! Extra Magic Hours didn't even help much some days. Some waits during EMH were still 1-2 hours. It was hot but not totally unbearable. A couple of hard rains but only one where we got caught in the park.

I didn't really feel the "magic" this trip. Maybe it's because we have done it too many times? Or maybe there were just too many people to make it magical for any of us???

Sorry you didn't "feel the magic" that's always a bummer. I've found that you often don't find as much of the magic when it's so busy because the CM just don't have enough time to do a lot of the little extras. Glad the trip still had some good points though!

That's great that you enjoyed Beach Club!

We did breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe this spring, and I loved it. I don't know if I was exceptionally hungry or what. It was just a waffle, haha! Tom got the skillet and said he liked it too.

Bummer about the crowds. When it comes to missing the magic, that's a tough one. You can't measure it and you can't manufacture it, it's either there or it's not.
    Kayla

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I hate crowds and I plan trips accordingly but when you have kids, you have no choice and have to go during the most crowded times unless you pull them out of school...been there, done that. We just love our adults only trips when school is still in session!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Since our trip barely overlapped yours, I can safely say that I really think the crowd levels had a lot to do with the lack of "feeling". The crowds seemed much easier to manage Wednesday, Thursday and even Friday. Saturday through Monday were crazy! At the beginning of our trip, we could ride People Mover and It's a Small World type rides multiple times with little to no wait. By Sunday and Monday, the waits for even those rides were 30-60 minutes!

We expected the rain every day and the showers weren't really an issue. On Thursday we were at MK when it downpoured for about 5 hours. We finally left when they closed most rides and it was quite flooded near the monorail ramps. With rain and crowds, I felt like we were spending our time trying to get all of the rides in we wanted and we missed out on some of the other fun things we usually do.

We really needed the trip to get away for a little bit and we did have a good time. But we do prefer our trips in the fall much better!
    Sunshine Rewards

We stayed at Beach Club our very first family trip and absolutely loved it for the location! We are hoping to go back to Beach Club for our next trip since the kids are now big enough to enjoy the awesome pool.

Glad you at least got to enjoy that part of the trip. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't feel the magic this trip but it sounds like you all still had a good time. Maybe it was just due to the heat and the crowds because in my opinion, you can never go to WDW too many times.
    LEA ANN

Sunshine Rewardswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker