Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Really Saving Money Online?

Size 11 - wow, that's about 2x the size I wear, only a 6!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    Size 11 - wow, that's about 2x the size I wear, only a 6!

I never thought that other people would have the same problem as me but just a different size. I take a between a 5 and 5.5.

I don't care much for any B&M shoe store. I have been asked more than once if I looked for shoes in the GIRLS department!!! Yeah right......a 50-something year old wearing little girls shoes. Give me a break!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Online Shopping is a sick persons salvation!

I'd probably given up loooooog time ago if I didn't have online shopping!

Enough said!

I can give several other reasons but this is by far the most important to me.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thank you for the idea of drugstore.com I had been looking for someplace to order these types of items for and knew that Walmart & Target didn't. Obviously I didn't look very hard or would have come across their website.

I just placed my first order this morning. Only the items we needed. No much in the way of impulse shopping that way.

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky

LOL Yes DS8 understands it all now, especially when he knows how much his ice hockey costs..... He gets it, save money here so we can spend money there!
    I also have an 8 year old who also plays hockey. I found it a real sticker shock to see just how expensive of a sport it can be.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by piglet-for-me View Post
    I also have an 8 year old who also plays hockey. I found it a real sticker shock to see just how expensive of a sport it can be.

Uh... YEAH! DH swore he would never do it, but the love of the game got the better of him. Of course DS8 loves it too, and is pretty good. Averages about 2 goals a game. The bad part..... DH plays in 2 "old" men (as he calls it) leagues... At least those fee's are NOTHING compared to what it costs for DS.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    You and me both (size 11). I used to be a 10, then got pg and had kids and technically I'm a 10.5 but they don't make that size and 11's fit comfortably. Kohls and Famous Footwear are the only two places I've been able to go into the store to shop. Shoebuy has been awesome for me!
    Glad I'm not the only one. Before kids I was a nice 9.5 medium, could wear a 10. So easy to just bee bop into any shoe store, esp Macy's and buy me some shoes. Then I had my kids- UGH. No one told me that your feet got bigger too! not just the tummy!

And FYI- I ordered my two shoes today. I should see approx $15 go into SR soon. YIP-YIP-YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

I think you have to just know when you are saving money. Kind-of like at Sam's and Costco...not everything is a savings just because it is in bulk. I do better buying individually with coupons on groceries, toiletries and paper products. Online, I watch for sales, coupon codes, free shipping etc. Most of the time I can wait for one of these to come out before I make a purchase. AVON is a good example. I like to stock-up when they have a free shipping special and usually can wait until one comes out. The last time I bought ink, I didn't need it, but I knew I would soon, so I used the discount and SR limited cash back increase and really saved some money. When I bought my son’s bed, it was the same price in store and online, but online I was able to get free shipping. So by buying online, I was able to get SR credits!

So, IF it saves me, will save me, or if I come out even but with SR credits…I will buy online. The gas issue really isn’t an issue for me. I live in a town of 6800 and Super-Walmart is ¼ mile away LOL – I love online shopping because it gives me more variety since ALL we have is Wal-Mart! I can find things online that I'd never find anywhere around here! Oh and I second flower delivery! Love it!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by andrea2289 View Post
    I think you have to just know when you are saving money. Kind-of like at Sam's and Costco...not everything is a savings just because it is in bulk. I do better buying individually with coupons on groceries, toiletries and paper products. Online, I watch for sales, coupon codes, free shipping etc. Most of the time I can wait for one of these to come out before I make a purchase. AVON is a good example. I like to stock-up when they have a free shipping special and usually can wait until one comes out. The last time I bought ink, I didn't need it, but I knew I would soon, so I used the discount and SR limited cash back increase and really saved some money. When I bought my son’s bed, it was the same price in store and online, but online I was able to get free shipping. So by buying online, I was able to get SR credits!

So, IF it saves me, will save me, or if I come out even but with SR credits…I will buy online. The gas issue really isn’t an issue for me. I live in a town of 6800 and Super-Walmart is ¼ mile away LOL – I love online shopping because it gives me more variety since ALL we have is Wal-Mart! I can find things online that I'd never find anywhere around here! Oh and I second flower delivery! Love it!
    And don't forget that Walmart has the pick up in store option. You can shop through SR and still save money there.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    And don't forget that Walmart has the pick up in store option. You can shop through SR and still save money there.
    I know and I always forget about that too!! My biggest mistake is 1/2 the time I forget to go through SR when I shop online...grrr
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

I love the pick up in store feature through places like Wal-Mart and Best Buy. With little ones, it's not always convenient to go shopping. I can order and pay for it online and DH can run in and pick it up on his way home! And of course the SR credit is great!

So far, my kids are great when shopping, however there are still those times I don't want to pack everyone up and go to the store. So, finding deals online is great. I have also been known to find what I like at Kohl's B&M and come home and buy it online. Sometimes there is more size/ color selection online and it's still at the sale prices!
    Sunshine Rewards