Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwhelmed.....

Default Overwhelmed.....

I was diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday. All I can say is WOW. My brain isn't big enough to comprehend all of the information I've received from the surgeon, oncologist, radiology, support staff, etc. I've had my freak out day yesterday and am ready to fight for my life. I'd love to hear from anyone in SR regarding anything about breast cancer. I'd like to know the good, bad, and ugly. There is a ton of stuff online that is enough to scare you to death. Please share your experiences, medical knowledge, places to get good information, anything at all, to help me win this fight! My story starts 6 weeks ago. I had an odd sensation in my left breast near the armpit and felt a lump the size of a grape. My family doctor thought it was a cyst and perscribed antibiotics because I ran a fever. He sent me to a breast surgeon 2 weeks ago and the lump is solid and the size of a golf ball. She ordered a diagnostic mammogram, ultrasound, and image guided biopsy. The preliminary results of biopsy is an invasive cancer. The rest of the results will be here within a week. That will tell what stage, kind, etc. Next week I have to have a pelvic/stomach CAT scan, chest x-ray, bloodwork, and MRI. I will see the Oncologist on 7/2 and surgeon on 7/10. The surgeon suggested maybe chemo first to reduce the size of tumor and then remove it. Today the lump is as big as a lemon, it grew another centimeter in a week and they feel it may have spread out of the origional lump into surrounding tissue, already. This is going so fast. The freakiest feeling is knowing that 2 inches under my skin is a cancerous tumor. I'd love it out now! Please help me figure all of this out.

Hugs, hugs, hugs! My DSIL Sally battled it three years ago. She had chemo, then two lumpectomies, then radiation. (Her mom had it, but she was brac2 negative). I cannot imagine how scary it must be.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I'm so sorry - I have no advise but just wanted to send hugs your way! and maybe a little sunshine
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Sounds like you have your care all lined up appropriately. I can't give you any advice. Please stay strong and remember the SR Mafia has your back. Please give us updates when you can. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by spring; 06-23-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

"Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

You are in my prayers and will be daily.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

No advice but just fight it with all you've got. I also just want to send my hugs to you. There are so many people being diagnosed with cancer lately, even in my immediate family, what the heck is going on? It's so scary but trust me when I say this, miracles do happen.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I have no advice but just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

My coworker's wife was diagnosed late last year with invasive breast cancer. She has a bad family history and gets mammograms every six months. Sometime in that six months she got pretty far along, but don't remember what stage. She did 6 weeks of chemo with a short break early in the process to treat an infection, and then had a double mastectomy. I think she elected for the double mastectomy because of her family history.

While I don't have medical knowledge to pass along, we're always here for support You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Kayla

Thank you all so very much for everything! It is so very touching to know that people really care! Monday night I'll be drinking the yucky contrast liquid for a CAT Scan and MRI Tuesday.