Quote Originally Posted by 2yearplan View Post
I ordered my son's contacts through 1-800- contacts about a month ago. I just asked the Doctor for my son's script and it did take me a while to find the correct brand and specifications for his eyes. No problem with the contacts ---HOWEVER----make sure when you order through Sunshine, DO NOT go to any other pages before or during the order process. I think this is where I went wrong. Do all your research on the brand and specifications (and clear everything out) before you place an order! Hope that makes sense!
I was so freaked out about this crediting that I cleared all of my cookies and when I had to answer the phone or do anything that took me away from it I cleared them again before I went back and started all over each time. I can't imagine any reason why this one won't credit. I cleared cookies, went straight to Sr page and then straight to the 1-800 link and then did my account and ordered my lenses all within about 5 minutes. Now I am gonna cross all of my body parts that this works.