Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering contact lenses online

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Default Ordering contact lenses online

Anybody ever done this? I would like to order my DH's contacts online but have no idea how to do this. He just went and had a check up at Walmart about 3 weeks ago. Do I call Walmart to find out what kind of lenses and what his prescription is? Do I just need to know the brand and type and the place will contact Walmart for the prescription? I want to make sure I have all the info in hand before I try to order. Is Walmart good about giving you the info you need so you can order somewhere else?
    Sunshine Rewards

I have been ordering online for a couple of years... I use 1-800-contacts, and you give them your doctors contact information, and they call the doctor to get the prescription information. Then the contacts come via mail.

Unfortuately you can only get a reward for your first order at 1-800-contacts.

Is there another option that gives rewards for each order??

Faith
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

I used AC Lens last month to order mine and was happy with them. I faxed them in my prescription, that was much faster than them calling my doctor. There shipping is a bit more than Walmart but there pricing is competitive on my lenses (Acuvue Advance). Plus I don't like to support Walmart (sorry) and the reward on AC is 5% back, and they had coupons.

HTH
    Last edited by LuvMyBoys; 06-07-2007 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Wrong number
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I ordered my son's contacts through 1-800- contacts about a month ago. I just asked the Doctor for my son's script and it did take me a while to find the correct brand and specifications for his eyes. No problem with the contacts ---HOWEVER----make sure when you order through Sunshine, DO NOT go to any other pages before or during the order process. I think this is where I went wrong. Do all your research on the brand and specifications (and clear everything out) before you place an order! Hope that makes sense!

I used to get mine online until my doctor told me that he would match the online price and have them delivered to my door. LOL!

1-800-Contacts sent me the wrong ones and when I called about it, they immediately sent me the correct ones. It was really easy.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I don't like going into my eye doctor to pick up lenses, so I've been ordering online for awhile. Plus lenses online were cheaper.

Last time I was in for eye exam they kept pushing me to order lenses and I told them that I got them much cheaper online. They then told me that they would match any price that I brought them from online (had to have a print out). This was a Pearle Vision, first I had heard of them matching prices.

Lesson learned, it never hurts to ask if they will match a price
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I also use 1-800 contacts (for years) and they have been great.

I've used Vision Direct for about two years...best prices, great service, plus, you get drugstore.com dollars.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I've used Vision Direct for about two years...best prices, great service, plus, you get drugstore.com dollars.

I also used VisionDirect the last time 4 times I ordered contacts online. Love them, and they were a little cheaper than 1-800-Contacts

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Ok I ordered from 1-800- contacts this time because I could use my Bill me later and not have to enter credit card info in and because you only get credit for one. Next time I may try one of the others. No sense in not doing it through whoever will give me credit. Contacts are contacts no matter where you order them from. I will give me business to the cheapest, best paying, easiest, best customer service. Thanks for all of your advice! I will let you know how it goes and I can't wait for that 12.00 in credit!
    Sunshine Rewards