Thread: What is new??

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default What is new??

Mike and I haven't been in 4 years and we are going next month. So what is new? I am just not that savy when it comes to researching this time around. Probably because I don't want to sort through hundreds of message board posts that only end up annoying me.

So I've found that there is something called Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Is it any fun? Worth the little bit of time it takes? How about Phineas and Ferb:
    Agent P's World Showcase Adventure? Where do you find the little "high tech" devices?

Anything else I might need to know about? I know test track is closed, fantasyland is under refurbishment, but that is about it.

Oh and which parade at the MNSSHP does the headless horseman ride in? Is it the second parade?
    Sunshine Rewards

I did the Phineas and Ferb thing when it was Kim Possible-I loved it, but I have found that you either love it or hate it. There's new restaurants in Mexico, Italy, & a new Candy store in Germany.
    There's the Art of Animation, and Tren-D in DTD (store geared towards females).

Is Main sat electrical parade still running?
    I am jealous. I have been putting my Disney stuff up in my new place and have been feeling Disney-sick.

Aw, this is you & Mike's first trip as a married couple!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ok glad to hear you liked the Kim Possible thing. Mike was sad we missed it last time (it was in testing phase).

I haven't looked into the electrical parade. It looks like it was extended indefinitely in 2010 so maybe it is still around.
    Sunshine Rewards

How exciting and fun!! We'll be there at the end of next month!

We did the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom in June. You don't have to do it in a set timeframe so you can plan it around your rides/ shows. It seemed pretty popular but not too crowded. We only had to wait in a few short lines. It was new and fun!

We did the experience when it was Kim Possible and it was a lot of fun! We'll try out Agent P next month! There are stands near International Gateway, between Future World and World Showcase and I think near Germany where you pick up the phone and get instructions. We have always been able to tell them which country we wanted (or didn't want) and they would try to get it for us. At least with Kim Possible, there were I think 7 different countries you could explore.

The Headless Horseman rides right before the first parade starts!
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks Carla. When is your trip? We'll be in the parks the 16th thru the 21st.

I didn't know that the Agent P might be country specific. that sounds like it could be fun as it will change it up each time you do it. I saw that Star Tours has 50 different combinations of "movies" on the ride so that should help since we'll be riding it multiple times.

It would be so nice if they would add some comic book things to the parks after they finish overhauling fantasyland. Mike would be in heaven.

Oh and I did download the Disney/Verizon App so that should be helpful with lines and finding characters.
    Sunshine Rewards

We'll be there the week after you- too bad we aren't overlapping!

Yes, the Agent P has 7 different countries: Mexico, France, Germany, Norway, Japan, China and United Kingdom. At least with Kim Possible, at the end of each mission when you turned in your phone at the designated area, it gave you the option to continue another mission to a different country. Also when you sign up, you can let the CM know if you have already done a country and they won't give you that one again. I liked it because it was fun and got the kids interested in the countries...and we saw more of the countries than we normally would! You can do it at your own pace as well and do more exploring and tasting!

On the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom, you can pick up your card and instructions in the Firehouse at the front of Magic Kingdom or right across from where Tiana and Nevin have a meet and greet. If you think it might be something you are interested in playing, you can pick up a small trading card holder at Target or Walmart before you go. It is a 9 pocket card portfolio and was around $5. It certainly isn't necessary, but it was easier to carry the cards around in that in our backpack.

Daniel and his Dad rode Star Tours MANY times- especially since we were there during Star Wars Weekends. I don't think they repeated any of the sequences so it kept it interesting! And both of my kids managed to be a "Rebel Spy" at different times.

Since they removed Mickey and Minnie's Toontown houses, you can now find them in the Town Square Theater at the front of Magic Kingdom. There is one line for Mickey and Minnie and the other line is for the Princesses (currently Belle, Cinderella and Rapunzel or Aurora). Both lines also have fastpass which helps a lot. You can grab a fastpass for each one at the same time!
    Sunshine Rewards

We went to MNSSHP last year and watched the parade twice. The headless horseman rode in both parades.
    Sunshine Rewards