Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coranado Springs

Default Coranado Springs

Has anyone stayed there before? My daughter and SIL are taking our grandson in October and they're staying there. It's a spur of the moment trip to take advantage of free dinning and the only ressie they could get for a moderate was at CS.

Anything you could tell me would be appreciated

We enjoyed our days there. If you try to walk everywhere around the resort, it's big, but if you take advantage of the buses, it's nice. Most of the buses stop at the main building last, just mention it to the bus driver when loading in case they planned to skip the stop because they're full. The rooms are very nice. Dining is a little different than most resorts. Pepper Market is like a buffet with table side service, but there is a smaller cafe by the gift shop for quick meals.
    Kayla

Thanks, I'll pass this on to her.

Was the pool as nice as it looks in the pictures?

We didn't use it, but did walk through. I thought it looked good. It's kind of secluded feeling, which I think is nice, and a good size. Also several "quiet" pools in the different sections.
    Kayla

It sounds perfect for them!!

They are surprising Zach (my 6 year old grandson) with this trip and he won't kow anything about it till they wake him up that morning to go to the airport They are taking a really early flight.

We have stayed several times at CSR - it is either there or a deluxe. CSR has queen beds that are very comfortable (more comfortable than most of the deluxes we have tried). Bus service has always been very good for us. The pool is every bit as good as it looks - my kids love the slide, and the pool is big enough to play without feeling too crowded.

We always request cabanas - close to the main pool but not too far from the main building.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

We love CSR. It's one of our favorites. The dining is really the only thing I'm not really a fan of. I don't want to have to go up to get my food and yet still pay a tip. The resort is very quiet and relaxing. We didn't use the pool, but it looked fun.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

We stayed 10 days in the Cabanas section of CSR on our last trip in 2009....loved it!! The pool was very nice, but we also used on eof the quiet pools one day while doing laundry. We loved that the busses are only for that resort, although the resort is quite large, so the trip around can take a while. Some have said that the resort overall has less of a "Disney Feel," but we thought it had plenty of disney. Although the Pepper Market gets mixed reviews, we really liked it because it offered plenty of variety. Loved the walking paths around the lake from the Cabanas section to the main building, and we LOVED the hammocks outside some of the Cabanas buildings.
    Sunshine Rewards

Diane (my daughter) is getting excited, especially after I've told her what you all have said

It's one of the few resorts at Disney that I've never been too before so I'm interested in what she thinks for our girls only trip next year

Default I stayed at Corronado Springs Resort April 2012

It was beautiful! The grounds were impeccable. The buffet was good. We didn't try the restaurant there because its Mexican food and I'm not a fan. The staff was great. The rooms were great. The gift shop is huge. The lobby is gorgeous, has a fountain. Front desk and concierge were awesome. We didn't use the pool but we did see it, it's a pretty big pool with slide. Not a ton of lounge space around the pool though. There is a fast food place at the pool area. Waiting for busses was easy and we didn't wait too long. When you get back to the resort after being at the parks the shuttle does stop at all 4 stops inside Corronado Springs. There was free breakfast in the small business center (they had one computer) if they upgrade you to use the free business center, use it! Magical Express to and from airport was super easy and convenient. I can't say enough good things about it I think you'll love it.