Thread: My Own Family Issue

Default My Own Family Issue

I know that many of you feel like you know my family well between the posts and the videos and the in-person meetups. But there's a part of my family that I don't write much about for privacy reasons--my sister and her family. Unfortunately, things have gotten to a point that I needed to convince her to allow me to publicly write about what has been going on her life.

My hope is that by putting some public pressure on this company (First Data), we will be able to get her the money that is owed her family. It's the only hope that I hold out for my nieces and nephews that they will not go to bed hungry in the coming weeks. My family is a proud one and no one ever wants to ask for help or take handouts. If we can get First Data to pay what they owe, my sister's family can get back on her feet.

If you have a minute, please take a look at her story and leave a comment or drop a Tweet where First Data will be able to see it. We've got some pressure on them now and they are "investigating." Maybe if they see that we are not going to let up, they will finally do the right thing.

First Data Ethics Failure

Bumping. This ish is freaking horrble. The whole "we are investigating" is such pr hooey.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Tricia -

Someone posted from First Data and attached an email address - would it be okay for us to email them. It's a generic email address for First Data. I would like to email them with my disgust.

So sorry that this is happening to your family.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Please do feel free to reach out in any way that you feel comfortable.

I think what really makes me so angry about the whole thing is that this is a man who wants to work and who did the work!! He isn't asking for anything to be given to him that he didn't earn. He doesn't want to take what isn't his. He used his personal contacts to get them contracts and now they want to pretend like they don't even know who he is. How does a BANKING company allow someone to go into banks representing them and not even have that person on payroll? Then they ignore the whole situation because they figure that he is powerless to hire an attorney or get anyone to help him.

And the really sad thing is that they know his story. He's talked to them about how badly he needs this money deposited. About his kids and about them losing their house. They can't pay the electric bill. They can't afford gas to drive the kids to school (and the bus doesn't come where they live). First Data knows ALL of that through their conversations with him over the last several weeks. And yet they just keep stringing him along.

Tricia,

So very sorry this is happening to your family.

Have you considered contacting the local tv news station or the local newspaper? I think you will get a much quicker response that way.

I hope everything works out and I will keep all of you in my prayers.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Oh Tricia, I am so sorry for your family. I hope that your brother in law gets what is due to him plus some extra and fast. As the previous poster asked - Has anyone considered calling the local TV station?
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Did you check with your state agencies to see if he can file a claim for wages? They do the investigating and follow up with the company and you waive your right to sue. But it's free.

I'm surprised that he got an attorney involved and they still wouldn't do the right thing?

Accepting help is never easy and I understand pride, but I also understand that sometimes you need to swallow your pride and understand the value of humility. I hope they do what is right by their family and accept some help, that is exactly why "social safety nets" exist, to help people that are down on their luck but trying to get back up.

Hugs to you and your family, I hope it all works out better than you hoped for!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Wow, this is all unbelievable!! Sounds like it was fraud from the beginning and unfortunately a lot of that is going around everyday. As for the company, I would be concerned that someone was committing fraud on my company. And i'm sure if they paid your brother in law at least some of the owed money it would show a company of good faith and promise to do whatever they can to prevent this from happening again.

I do hope that things work out for your family. And I will keep them in my prayers.
    Sunshine Rewards