Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New DVC Member Annual Pass Price

Default New DVC Member Annual Pass Price

Did you see this announcement?? What a fabulous price!

"From October 1 through December 31, 2012, Members will be able to purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass for just $399 (that's a savings of $300 off the regular price!)*. Premium Annual Passholders enjoy unlimited admission to four Theme Parks, a year's worth of unlimited access to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks, DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fees only) and more!"

I wonder if it's because so many DVC members have been complaining that people who stay on property using packages are getting such good deals and it seems like we have to pay almost full price for tickets and dining?? If I could buy these passes in December and then sit on them and not activate them until June, I could get 2 or maybe even 3 trips out of the annual pass. If only I could convince SunshineGuy! This is our summer for a DCL cruise instead of a big DisneyWorld visit.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

That's an awesome price!! We usually get 3-4 trips out of our passes!
    Sunshine Rewards

This announcement definitely has us thinking! It'd be a great deal to take advantage of if we can make the dates work. Right now it looks like we might shuffle a few plans so we can start a new AP next fall.
    Kayla

Our current passes don't expire until mid year next year...so I am really thinking of buying these by the end of the year and holding onto them until ours expire. It's only $14 more than the renewal price!
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I'll be getting these for our trip next month if possible. Does anyone know if they can be purchased at Guest Services when we get there or will they only be available online?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I am 99% sure we are going to do this. I just need to figure out more of the details of how to get them and how the one year activation works. These are premium right? Which includes the waterparks and parking?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I am 99% sure we are going to do this. I just need to figure out more of the details of how to get them and how the one year activation works. These are premium right? Which includes the waterparks and parking?
    I do know that they have to be bought by 12-31-12 and activated by 12-31-13 and they are good for 365 days from activation. Free parking is given with all AP. I just need to know if they can be bought when we get there, if so I'm getting two for sure. We won't even use the water park part but it looks like it will save us about $50 over the DVC AP, every bit helps.

Unlimited admission for a period of one year to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, including park hopping privileges
    Unlimited admission to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach Water Parks
    Unlimited admission to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (valid only on event days; some events require an additional admission charge) and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fee only. Tee time reservations are required and subject to availability)
    Parking at all four Theme Parks
    Subscription to Mickey Monitor, a collectible Passholder-only publication
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Pam, I'm thinking we might have to wait until October 1 to get more details when DVC actually announces this, but it would really surprise me if you couldn't just walk up and buy them at a ticket window. Our friends purchased a DVC AP last month, and they don't ship vouchers for them, just give you a will call confirmation. So even at the worst, you might just have to call MS from the hotel and go to will call as soon as they allow you. But I'd be really surprised if that was the case.

ETA-Actually just read unofficial info that they will be available to purchase at ticket windows. They won't be vouchers you can save until later, their validity will start upon purchase. Be sure to carry your DVC membership cards if you don't already!
    Last edited by dwkay8; 09-13-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Kayla

Quote Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
    Pam, I'm thinking we might have to wait until October 1 to get more details when DVC actually announces this, but it would really surprise me if you couldn't just walk up and buy them at a ticket window. Our friends purchased a DVC AP last month, and they don't ship vouchers for them, just give you a will call confirmation. So even at the worst, you might just have to call MS from the hotel and go to will call as soon as they allow you. But I'd be really surprised if that was the case.

ETA-Actually just read unofficial info that they will be available to purchase at ticket windows. They won't be vouchers you can save until later, their validity will start upon purchase. Be sure to carry your DVC membership cards if you don't already!
    Thanks, just what I was hoping. I always have my DVC membership card with me and I'll have my Disney rewards card too which will give me two AP's for FREE!!!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

Another perk of the PAP that nobody has mentioned is the 20% discount in some of the retail stores at WDW. The regular AP is only a 10% discount. That 20% can add up really fast! Plus don't forget the discounts on the hard-ticket parties, recreation and tours.

First, the TIW is extended to all DVC members and now this HUGE discount...I think I am really liking Claire Bilby at this point.