I hope I am putting this question in the right place; if not feel free to put wherever it should be.
I got a pingo calling card, which I have used a couple of times. There is a local access number you can dial, and I have used this. I wasn't thinking that was any problem, but my DH says that our phone company will charge us for every minute of my call anyway, because of dialing this access number - which happens to be long distance from our area. So he doesn't want me to use this card, because he thinks we'll be charged twice for my calls, in essence.
I don't see how our phone company could charge us, when it should be clear these calls are being patched thru a calling card. Why would they be able to charge us for the whole call just because the initial number I dial is a 'local access' long distance number?
And the toll free number that they have, the 1-888 - I tried that in the first place and it didn't seem to work?! So I am a bit confused now as to exactly what is going on when I place a call using this local access number.
Anyone have any experience with something like this issue who could help me out?!