Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another pingo question

Default another pingo question

I hope I am putting this question in the right place; if not feel free to put wherever it should be.
    I got a pingo calling card, which I have used a couple of times. There is a local access number you can dial, and I have used this. I wasn't thinking that was any problem, but my DH says that our phone company will charge us for every minute of my call anyway, because of dialing this access number - which happens to be long distance from our area. So he doesn't want me to use this card, because he thinks we'll be charged twice for my calls, in essence.
    I don't see how our phone company could charge us, when it should be clear these calls are being patched thru a calling card. Why would they be able to charge us for the whole call just because the initial number I dial is a 'local access' long distance number?
    And the toll free number that they have, the 1-888 - I tried that in the first place and it didn't seem to work?! So I am a bit confused now as to exactly what is going on when I place a call using this local access number.
    Anyone have any experience with something like this issue who could help me out?!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    I hope I am putting this question in the right place; if not feel free to put wherever it should be.
    I got a pingo calling card, which I have used a couple of times. There is a local access number you can dial, and I have used this. I wasn't thinking that was any problem, but my DH says that our phone company will charge us for every minute of my call anyway, because of dialing this access number - which happens to be long distance from our area. So he doesn't want me to use this card, because he thinks we'll be charged twice for my calls, in essence.
    I don't see how our phone company could charge us, when it should be clear these calls are being patched thru a calling card. Why would they be able to charge us for the whole call just because the initial number I dial is a 'local access' long distance number?
    And the toll free number that they have, the 1-888 - I tried that in the first place and it didn't seem to work?! So I am a bit confused now as to exactly what is going on when I place a call using this local access number.
    Anyone have any experience with something like this issue who could help me out?!
    What happens when you try to call the 888 number? Have you already activated the card online?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I've forwarded your question to our affiliate manager. He is really good at answering us back. Will let you know what he says.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

"For immediate assistance, customers in the U.S. and Canada can call customer service directly at: 1-888-878-8838."
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    "For immediate assistance, customers in the U.S. and Canada can call customer service directly at: 1-888-878-8838."
    Her posts mentions that she's tried that already and the number didn't work.
    Sunshine Rewards

Direct answer from Brian at Pingo:

Hi thanks for taking the time to try Pingo. We appreciate the support that Sunshine Rewards and its loyal readers have provided in giving Pingo a try.

Local access:

Yes your cell phone or local provider will charge there local rates for your call or deduct from your set monthly plan. However if you used your current provider to make calls outside of your plan. They typically charge you a premium at over a dollar a min to call abroad vs. using Pingo at just pennies a minute.

Why phone card company is charging:

Your plan should allow 800 or 888 numbers like 1-888-Yo-Pingo. Pingo also has a pre-program service to program Pingo into your phone and then a speed dial service to preprogram up to 25 of your friends to quickly make calls. This feature may remove the issue that you’re experiencing.

Future Concerns? Questions?

We would recommend speaking with are customer service team by email or phone. We are proud to keep a 95% retention rate on are customers based on keeping a quality service. Please contact us directly in the future to resolve these issues.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

So it sounds like if you use a land line it should be covered as a local call but if you use a cell phone its going to go against your minutes.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    So it sounds like if you use a land line it should be covered as a local call but if you use a cell phone its going to go against your minutes.
    So is this meaning to say that if I used our regular phone, even to dial this local access number that isn't really in my local calling area, there shouldn't be a long distance charge from our local phone company? I don't use the cell phone - we only have a simple prepaid plan, and it seems to charge also for using 800 numbers. It's only for short calls, anyway.
    What I meant in my post is that when I tried calling the 1-888-YO-PINGO #, I just got the operator saying the call couldn't be completed as dialed.
    When I used the local access number I was given, it worked fine. So my card is activated properly, far as I can see. So I am not sure if I'm only supposed to this local access number to start my calls, or if there is an 800 number that would actually work to go thru like other phone card I have had.
    Anyway, thanks for the responses and the help!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

So is this meaning to say that if I used our regular phone, even to dial this local access number that isn't really in my local calling area, there shouldn't be a long distance charge from our local phone company? I don't use the cell phone - we only have a simple prepaid plan, and it seems to charge also for using 800 numbers. It's only for short calls, anyway.
    What I meant in my post is that when I tried calling the 1-888-YO-PINGO #, I just got the operator saying the call couldn't be completed as dialed.
    When I used the local access number I was given, it worked fine. So my card is activated properly, far as I can see. So I am not sure if I'm only supposed to this local access number to start my calls, or if there is an 800 number that would actually work to go thru like other phone card I have had.
    I have passed your question on.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I would call the phone co and ask. Before we upgraded our phone we had the basic on it, bc we would use our cells for everything, then our provider gave us a deal since we have their tv and internet now it's all free.

My guess speaking from experience is if it's not an 800/886/887/888 number your phone co will charge you for making the call. If it's considered out of your calling area then it's considered long distance. on our old phone plan we just had local calling. My dad 15 mins away was considered long distance and we had to pay .10 a min to talk to him, so I would always use my cell phone. I would call Pingo and see what's up with their 1-888 number and check with your phone co about hte number your using now to get through.
    Sunshine Rewards