Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another pingo question

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    So is this meaning to say that if I used our regular phone, even to dial this local access number that isn't really in my local calling area, there shouldn't be a long distance charge from our local phone company? I don't use the cell phone - we only have a simple prepaid plan, and it seems to charge also for using 800 numbers. It's only for short calls, anyway.
    What I meant in my post is that when I tried calling the 1-888-YO-PINGO #, I just got the operator saying the call couldn't be completed as dialed.
    When I used the local access number I was given, it worked fine. So my card is activated properly, far as I can see. So I am not sure if I'm only supposed to this local access number to start my calls, or if there is an 800 number that would actually work to go thru like other phone card I have had.
    Anyway, thanks for the responses and the help!

I just dialed the 1888 number you have listed and it worked. It asks for your pingo account number so be sure to have that ready.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Well, I did just try that # again Cindy, and it said the same thing - your number cannot be completed as dialed?! So what are the exact numbers you are dialing - I mean, maybe I am not assigning the right numbers to the YO-PINGO letters somehow, altho it seems abit odd to me when I am looking right at the letters on the phone buttons!!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Very odd.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post

Very odd.
    How very odd indeed - I just dialed these numbers and it works!!
    Well, I think I must have been poking a wrong # somewhere in there and had it stuck in my head that way every time. I feel rather silly about whatever it was, but thanks for helping me clear it up!
    So, if I can use the 888#, there shouldn't be an issue with the other access number and however the local phone company would have dealt with it.
    So, problem solved, I think!!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.