Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am booked!!!

Default I am booked!!!

This morning I made contact with a DVC owner who I am renting points from! She has made my reservations for January 1-9 2009 at SSR for a 2 bedroom!!!!!! Talk about excited. We are taking my husbands parents who really deserve a vacation but could never afford one. I am just smiling like a cheshire cat. Now I can sit down and iron out where we will go where we will eat. Woohoo Planning can officially begin!
    <Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

How exciting! Let the plans begin.......
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yay Dee! We need to get some pretrip planning threads going around here.
    Sunshine Rewards

I saw your post about being booked and was at that point so close myself. Made me more antsy!!! So nice to have them booked huh?!! And time flies and they will be here so soon. I am thinking about looking into the online tour guides as we will be there at some busy times, New years crowds staying for the weekend and then marathon weekend right behind us.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Congrats! Very fun. I am interested in looking into renting points. Someone with a better brain than mine will have to break it down for me. I think because we have 5 people, that it would be quite a bit more expensive to rent from someone than to get 2 rooms at value.

Dee - there is nothing more enjoyable knowing that you are booked! It is now official! Let the planning begin!
    Last edited by linanglab; 03-18-2008 at 04:18 PM.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

That's wonderful Dee!!! How fun!! You will love going in January.....very minimal waiting. The weather can be "iffy", but I didn't mind not being there in the sweltering heat.

Well with 5 people I think you would have to get a 2 bedroom at all DVC's except AKL. At that one you could put 5 in a 1 bedroom. That may be a good option for you but that depends on when you go. I realy like DVC as I get a washer/dryer and a kitchen, let alone all the extra room. We rented last time for a trip in January and probably will never do anything else. I was lucky to find someone to rent for 11 a point which is pretty good. I got them for 10 a point for 2007 and they are going for anywhere from 11-13 a point now.

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Congrats! Very fun. I am interested in looking into renting points. Someone with a better brain than mine will have to break it down for me. I think because we have 5 people, that it would be quite a bit more expensive to rent from someone than to get 2 rooms at value.

Dee - there is nothing more enjoyable knowing that you are booked! It is not official! Let the planning begin!
    <Sunshine Rewards

Congratulations!! I know how good it feels to get them booked. There are all these steps to my excitement where it continues to feel more and more real. First there's the booking, then there's the TGM subscription and ADRs, and then there's the flights being booked....then it seems like FOREVER until we do anything else....
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    I saw your post about being booked and was at that point so close myself. Made me more antsy!!! So nice to have them booked huh?!! And time flies and they will be here so soon. I am thinking about looking into the online tour guides as we will be there at some busy times, New years crowds staying for the weekend and then marathon weekend right behind us.
    Yeah. I am contemplating touring guides as well because we will be there right as Food and Wine kicks off and there is an Expedition Everest Challenge going on at AK while we are there.
    Sunshine Rewards

Congrats!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.