Thread: Schools Closed

Default Schools Closed

because of flooding! This rain is stretching accross several states and we are not in a state of emergency YET but I am sure we will be before long. I'm sure others here too are affected. Im hoping everyone elses homes are safe. We are keeping a close eye on our backyard where the water is slowly finding its way closer to our house.
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle

Wow - that is a HUGE storm system, I see. I hope things will be all right for you all there.
    We got the beginnings of the storm the other day here in NE, but it really grew as it went east, wow.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by mia214jia View Post
    because of flooding! This rain is stretching accross several states and we are not in a state of emergency YET but I am sure we will be before long. I'm sure others here too are affected. Im hoping everyone elses homes are safe. We are keeping a close eye on our backyard where the water is slowly finding its way closer to our house.
    Where are you located? Does your house ever flood? I haven't watched a weather report but it is dreary and rainy here in NJ today. I don't live in a flood plain, but I have one basement window well that fills up from underground when the ground gets too saturated. Then the water starts coming in the window. We can't quite figure out why it is happening or how to fix it. Our french drain in the basement never has water in it and our sump pump never kicks on or has anything in it but this darn window drives me crazy. I'm supposed to be going out later so I won't be here to babysit the window. Hope it doesn't get too bad!

Stay safe everyone! Wish for some sunshine!
    Debbie

Hope everyone stays safe
    Sunshine Rewards

This is suppose to clear up by Thursday. I hope some of this will recede for EASTER!
    Last edited by mia214jia; 03-19-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: grammar LOL
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle