Okay....Our vacation isn't until next summer, but I am doing my homework to decide if we should consider renting. Plus, the preplanning is good for my soul! LOL

We are a family of 5. Is it possible to rent a 1 bedroom? The size of the room is not too much of an issue as we are used to tighter quarters. We have stayed at POR for 2 years now, and we want something different. We thought about 2 rooms at a value (which is still a possibility), but am looking into renting.

I have looked on the DIS and am OVERWHELMED with all the info and "arguing". So, I came to my friends on SR to ask my questions and maybe you could help me or direct me.

I am a frugal person. POR is cheapest, but we want something different. Deluxe is too expensive for us right now. Does anyone have a breakdown of how much for renting compared to the regular hotels? I know AKL sleeps 5, but we would consider other 1 bedroom if they accept 5 (unless I can decide which child to leave home....hmmm....LOL). AKL sounds VERY fun to me. But I also am wondering about the money.

Please HELP!!! I know I babble. But I told DH that I would start looking into this. We would go in summer, which I understand may be an issue with renting. The dates in summer are not set. Usually we go over July 4th week, but DH's vacation time may change, in which we may go in the beginning of August.