Thread: Switching resorts-RCI

Default Switching resorts-RCI

Hi all,

I thought I'd start a different thread since this question is a separate topic from the one I posted earlier today. We are going to book a Disney resort through RCI for the first week in June. There's currently one unit available at Old Key West. We are tempted to jump on it right away because we're afraid that since Disney resorts are hard to come by, it might be our only opportunity. OKW isn't our first choice of resorts, though, so we're wondering how difficult it would be to switch to a more desirable resort if one becomes available between now and June. Has anyone had this experience with RCI?

Thanks much for any info!

I don't have any experience with RCI but we ALWAYS book Saratoga through DVC about 9 months out from our vacations and then switch to the one that we really want as it gets closer and others become available.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I don't have any experience with RCI but we ALWAYS book Saratoga through DVC about 9 months out from our vacations and then switch to the one that we really want as it gets closer and others become available.
    We do the same with DVC! We book our home resort as soon as we can and then switch or waitlist for what we really want. We have been VERY lucky with waitlists! I would much rather guarantee that I have A room!
    Sunshine Rewards

I was thinking the same thing. But I have a feeling there will be some sort of fee involved with RCI.

Not sure if you have already taken care of this, but just saw this post. Check back all the time, especially if you are flexible in your dates. From what I have found, new inventory is added all the time, but I find it happens more often on Fridays and Saturdays. I have seen all of the DVC resorts in there at one point or another. I'm going on an RCI exchange to BWV in three weeks. Inventory changes all the time. May want to see what your change policy is with RCI, maybe you could book something, and if something else comes up, change it to the new one?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards