Thread: My wish has come true but at a cost!!!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Default My wish has come true but at a cost!!!

On a thread posted by Wendyburger on her Beach Club, Club Level stay, I posted that I wished they would update all those yucky bedspreads at the DVC's to something more upscale looking. This is what was announced at the condo Meeting:

Disney Vacation Club held its annual Condominium Association Meeting on Thursday, December 13 at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Among the new information shared with members were the first model room photos for the Grand Floridian property and word of bedding changes planned for most resorts.
    With several resort budgets seeing 5-6% increases in the coming calendar year, questions had been raised as to why resort costs continue to escalate. The answer frequently lay in two areas: resort staffing costs and bedding changes planned for most DVC resorts.

DVC projects that total compensation for Florida-based employees will rise 3-20% with benefit costs (health care, etc.) being a significant driver of those increases. In California employee wages & benefits are expected to rise more than 6% in the coming year.

Meanwhile, a change in bedding at most resorts will also result in higher housekeeping costs for many owners. Disney plans to eliminate the heavy bedspreads in most resorts and replace them with a "triple sheeted" bedding which is becoming the industry standard. Bedding will consist of three layers: a flat sheet, a blanket and a designer top sheet.

This bedding configuration is already in place at Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas and the Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. Other resorts will be transitioned to the new system in 2013 and 2014. Disney intends to pay the cost of the initial transition while member dues will be charged for day-to-day housekeeing, future bedding replacement and other related charges.

Property taxes also drove up ownership costs for many resorts while others--like Disney's Old Key West Resort and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa--saw increased operating costs partially offset by reduced tax rates.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=...ing&Itemid=338
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I think this will make the rooms look a TON better...way more updated...and then I can actually use the duvet instead of tossing the icky bedspread to the bottom of the bed

Wendy Hale
    Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Ask me about $50 onboard credit on all new Disney Cruise Line bookings and $25 Disney Gift Card for any Disney Resort Vacation bookings!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Affiliated with MouseEarVacations.com | Vacations By Wendy Facebook Page | Disney Travel Newsletter Sign-up
    Email me at WendyH@CrusingCo.com for no obligation quotes on Walt Disney World Vacations, Disney Cruise Line vacation, Adventures by Disney, Disneyland Resort vacations!!!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by wendyburger View Post
    I think this will make the rooms look a TON better...way more updated...and then I can actually use the duvet instead of tossing the icky bedspread to the bottom of the bed
    LOL, exactly my feeling too!!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES