Thread: Freezer meals

Default Freezer meals

I wasn't quite sure where to put this post...

My MIL is newly widowed and will live alone at least for the near future . I want to make some freezer meals in small portions for those days/ nights where she doesn't feel like cooking. I probably will make large batches and freeze small portions for her and some for us as well.

So, what kind of foods do you think would be good? She is pretty open to any foods except anything too spicy. Any recipes you can share would be great as well!! Any type of recipe- breakfast, lunch, dinner is welcome!

Thank you!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Not exactly mind-blowing, but I freeze a lot of rice, quinoa, and beans.
    The ABC’s of Freezer Cooking is currently free for Kindle (and Kindle apps)
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Make a big pot of soup or stew, that freezes well.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Sorry for your family's loss.

I don't freeze many meals, but I do freeze ingredients. I chop and freeze lots of onions and red bell peppers. Then when I need them, I just pull out one little bag and it saves so much prep time. I use small freezer bags and store like half an onion or half a pepper in each bag. When I first put them into the freezer, I'll put the bags into like a tupperware. That helps contain the smell so it doesn't contaminate everything else in the freezer/fridge After they freeze, I store the little baggies in a bigger bag. Might be helpful for your MIL depending on what she cooks with a lot.
    Kayla

Lasagna is great for freezing. I make a huge pan and then with the left overs I cut them into serving size pieces and slide each piece into a zip lock bag. They slide out of the bag easy and then you can just zap each piece in the microwave.

French toast and pancakes work well this way too.

I have a super easy and awesome tasting beef stew reciepe that I make in the crock pot and then freeze in serving size plastic containers. THen you can just pop them out and reheat in the microwave. If you'd like the reciepe let me know and I can post it here for you

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

spaghetti dishes freeze and defrost well. I should have more time over the next few days to point you to some recipes that will freeze well. I really need to be in bed since I have work in the morning.
    Sunshine Rewards