Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New MyMagic+ at Disney World

Default New MyMagic+ at Disney World

I'm curious to see all of the new MyMagic+ tools in the works. I think the MagicBand will be handy and hope this is also available for Annual Passes. So far I haven't heard any news about that.

What do you think of some of these features?
    MyMagic+ Key Features

Wendy Hale
    Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Ask me about $50 onboard credit on all new Disney Cruise Line bookings and $25 Disney Gift Card for any Disney Resort Vacation bookings!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Affiliated with MouseEarVacations.com | Vacations By Wendy Facebook Page | Disney Travel Newsletter Sign-up
    Email me at WendyH@CrusingCo.com for no obligation quotes on Walt Disney World Vacations, Disney Cruise Line vacation, Adventures by Disney, Disneyland Resort vacations!!!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I don't like it, I don't like change!!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

When is this all starting or has it started? My daughter will be on a band trip to WDW in March and this will be great way for them to get fastpasses since they don't go to Epcot until this afternoon.

They have been testing this for a little while and have not put out a timeline yet on when it will be in full swing. Some guests have been invited to test it out, so if you already have a reservation, keep on eye on your emails if you are hoping to test.

I think the bands will be great for my son, so he won't loose his ticket or hotel room key. He insists on carrying them. They have already changed the resort room locks so you just hold the key in front instead of having to slide it. That was much easier since the slide thing it seems like I have to slide it at least 7 times before the lock turns green.

Wendy Hale
    Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Ask me about $50 onboard credit on all new Disney Cruise Line bookings and $25 Disney Gift Card for any Disney Resort Vacation bookings!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Affiliated with MouseEarVacations.com | Vacations By Wendy Facebook Page | Disney Travel Newsletter Sign-up
    Email me at WendyH@CrusingCo.com for no obligation quotes on Walt Disney World Vacations, Disney Cruise Line vacation, Adventures by Disney, Disneyland Resort vacations!!!

Ack! Did you see this new news?

Disney Questioned by Congress About MyMagic+
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

went to watch my daughter run the half marathon, and they were trying it out at all the parks.

The entrances were divided in half and you were directed to Room key with tickets to the new system. Everyone else had to go through the other turnstyles on the other side. At MK the new was on the left and at Epcot the new was on the right (so if you came in the right entrance, you had to walk all the way to the other side to get in line to go in).

We stayed at the Carribean and our room keys the new scan. Just hold key up in front of lock and it flashed green.

I assume the new system is like the Be Our Guest resturant.

They gave you a rose and scanned it with information, then you were located in the resturant by the server with the GPS in the rose. The Be our Guest Host said within a year all the Table service resturants at Disney world would be using the same technology.

Like the convience of room key, but do not care for tracking where you are and what you are buying.
    All childen are blessings. MEMBER 11788
    DH 65 DS 44 DD 42 DD 39 DD 37 DS 23 DS 20 Granbabies: Shayla W. 16, Becca A. 14, & Ember Claire W. 10, :Minnie: Hayden R. 7, :Minnie: Saga W. 2, Bean A. 15, Leif W. 14, Crest W. 11, & Emory Zane C. 10 , Ian C. 9 & Callum W.8 in memory of Weston w. and Landic w. who were born too early., W., Colter W 3/2021

Looks like the rollout is happening. I was able to make my FP+ choices last night and order my Magic Bands.

Default when are you going?

what is the date of you trip?
    All childen are blessings. MEMBER 11788
    DH 65 DS 44 DD 42 DD 39 DD 37 DS 23 DS 20 Granbabies: Shayla W. 16, Becca A. 14, & Ember Claire W. 10, :Minnie: Hayden R. 7, :Minnie: Saga W. 2, Bean A. 15, Leif W. 14, Crest W. 11, & Emory Zane C. 10 , Ian C. 9 & Callum W.8 in memory of Weston w. and Landic w. who were born too early., W., Colter W 3/2021

Quote Originally Posted by RENITA View Post
    what is the date of you trip?
    We are at POFQ, that resort goes live 9/30/13. Lots of people logged into My Disney Experience yesterday and the option popped up. Almost all resorts are live for October, nothing yet after 10/31 but it must be coming if they added so many more resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by SCard View Post
    We are at POFQ, that resort goes live 9/30/13. Lots of people logged into My Disney Experience yesterday and the option popped up. Almost all resorts are live for October, nothing yet after 10/31 but it must be coming if they added so many more resorts.
    UGH!! I am going on November 7 and staying at AKV. I know it is currently a test resort, but the testing is scheduled to end at the end of October...so where does that leave those of us arriving the first week of November??