Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New MyMagic+ at Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    UGH!! I am going on November 7 and staying at AKV. I know it is currently a test resort, but the testing is scheduled to end at the end of October...so where does that leave those of us arriving the first week of November??
    the experts on the Dis Boards seem to think that this is the roll out and that November 1 all the resorts will be live with FP+; hope they are right. Doesn't seem like they would add all the resorts for October and then stop. Could be a few weeks before you know for sure. I still have not gotten any invite from Disney and no announcement but my resort was added yesterday.

Good Luck

I have to say it was pretty cool to make FP+ choices last night on line.
    Last edited by SCard; 09-13-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Going september 23rd to 27th and staying at the Allstars Movies and then again the weekend of november the 16th and staying at the Carribean but so far no invite for new magic .
    All childen are blessings. MEMBER 11788
    DH 65 DS 44 DD 42 DD 39 DD 37 DS 23 DS 20 Granbabies: Shayla W. 16, Becca A. 14, & Ember Claire W. 10, :Minnie: Hayden R. 7, :Minnie: Saga W. 2, Bean A. 15, Leif W. 14, Crest W. 11, & Emory Zane C. 10 , Ian C. 9 & Callum W.8 in memory of Weston w. and Landic w. who were born too early., W., Colter W 3/2021

Quote Originally Posted by RENITA View Post
    Going september 23rd to 27th and staying at the Allstars Movies and then again the weekend of november the 16th and staying at the Carribean but so far no invite for new magic .
    Allstar Movies doesn't start until Sept 30 and nothing for November yet.
    I still haven't gotten an invite but was able to make FP+ on Thursday; better chance you will see it in My Disney Experience before an e-mail.

Enjoy your trips.

Talked to disney today and the rep said all go live aafter oct 31, if the trial now works. He said if you get picked for magic band then you get an email 28 days prior to your trip to be able to reserve fast pass etc.
    All childen are blessings. MEMBER 11788
    DH 65 DS 44 DD 42 DD 39 DD 37 DS 23 DS 20 Granbabies: Shayla W. 16, Becca A. 14, & Ember Claire W. 10, :Minnie: Hayden R. 7, :Minnie: Saga W. 2, Bean A. 15, Leif W. 14, Crest W. 11, & Emory Zane C. 10 , Ian C. 9 & Callum W.8 in memory of Weston w. and Landic w. who were born too early., W., Colter W 3/2021

Quote Originally Posted by RENITA View Post
    Talked to disney today and the rep said all go live aafter oct 31, if the trial now works. He said if you get picked for magic band then you get an email 28 days prior to your trip to be able to reserve fast pass etc.
    YAY!

My Magic Bands are shipping tomorrow and I still have not received the invite for FP+
    Last edited by SCard; 09-18-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Lots of posts today on the board where we are not allowed to post about Sunshine that FP+ is now available for November. No invites, just people logging into My Disney Experience and the option for FP+ is there.

Quote Originally Posted by SCard View Post
    Lots of posts today on the board where we are not allowed to post about Sunshine that FP+ is now available for November. No invites, just people logging into My Disney Experience and the option for FP+ is there.
    It's driving me crazy waiting! Our next reservation is for December and I so want to know how it is all going to work! I'm sure they will have everything ironed out by the time we go in June. We have annual passes right now and reservations through DVC for both.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I can't remember when it popped up that I was eligible to make FP+ selections...maybe 2 weeks ago??? I was able to make a few, but since it is just DH and I, and we're doing the 1/2 Marathon, we are really only going to hit the parks when the mood strikes us. Even then, we'll probably only do 2-3 things. I made FP+ for the evening that we plan to be at DHS. We'll do AK in the morning (AM EMH) which shouldn't need FP"s for the safari and maybe Everest. I have RnRC, TSMM, and Fantasmic as my selections for DHS. I figure we can squeeze in ToT too since that line is usually better than RnRC.

A few days ago, I broke down and decided to do online check in. I usually don't because I've never seen the need for it and figured that it isn't necessary. As soon as I did, I went to MDE and there was the option to customize and order my Magic Bands. It said I had 12 days left to customize them so I assume that they will be sent out within the next two weeks.

I am wondering a few things...

First, since the Magic Bands are supposed to start working right at the airport and allow you to board DME without the vouchers, do they still send the DME packet? I think they still need to send at least the luggage tags. If they still arrive in the 6-week window, we should be getting ours sometime this week.

Second, since I've already "checked in" and our flight doesn't land until 5:30pm, and *IF* I get the room ready text, wouldn't it be cool if we could just get off the DME bus and head straight to our room!? The online check-in confirmation seems to hint that it might be possible...

"...the check-in process shall become complete in Florida upon showing my photo identification, and receipt of a Key to the World card or by entering my room utilizing my authorized MagicBand."

I assume that we still need to wait in line at the desk, but maybe I will just send hubby up to the room and see if he can get in.

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    I can't remember when it popped up that I was eligible to make FP+ selections...maybe 2 weeks ago??? I was able to make a few, but since it is just DH and I, and we're doing the 1/2 Marathon, we are really only going to hit the parks when the mood strikes us. Even then, we'll probably only do 2-3 things. I made FP+ for the evening that we plan to be at DHS. We'll do AK in the morning (AM EMH) which shouldn't need FP"s for the safari and maybe Everest. I have RnRC, TSMM, and Fantasmic as my selections for DHS. I figure we can squeeze in ToT too since that line is usually better than RnRC.

A few days ago, I broke down and decided to do online check in. I usually don't because I've never seen the need for it and figured that it isn't necessary. As soon as I did, I went to MDE and there was the option to customize and order my Magic Bands. It said I had 12 days left to customize them so I assume that they will be sent out within the next two weeks.

I am wondering a few things...

First, since the Magic Bands are supposed to start working right at the airport and allow you to board DME without the vouchers, do they still send the DME packet? I think they still need to send at least the luggage tags. If they still arrive in the 6-week window, we should be getting ours sometime this week.

Second, since I've already "checked in" and our flight doesn't land until 5:30pm, and *IF* I get the room ready text, wouldn't it be cool if we could just get off the DME bus and head straight to our room!? The online check-in confirmation seems to hint that it might be possible...

"...the check-in process shall become complete in Florida upon showing my photo identification, and receipt of a Key to the World card or by entering my room utilizing my authorized MagicBand."

I assume that we still need to wait in line at the desk, but maybe I will just send hubby up to the room and see if he can get in.
    I got my DME package before I was eligible for FP+, I would guess they still need to send the luggage tags. Everything is supposed to be on the bands, but where its still "testing" I think I many bring my vouchers too. We are supposed to be able to use the bands to board the bus.

It was really nice to be able to FP+ the headliners and not have to worry about hurrying to get FP for things like TSM. We've never done Fantasmic, have the dining package for that and am looking forward to it.

Glad we have a chance to try out FP+ as it will be 3-5 years before we can go again; I am already starting to put my SR earnings away towards our next trip

Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

We are here now and using the Magicbands, they are working great and are so convenient. You can even go in the pools with them, no more hiding the room key in your shoe! LOL. Put dinning reservations on them too and they can bring a hand held scanner to the table to pay with them...way too easy to spend, definitely don't need to carry much cash!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES