Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New MyMagic+ at Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    We are here now and using the Magicbands, they are working great and are so convenient. You can even go in the pools with them, no more hiding the room key in your shoe! LOL. Put dinning reservations on them too and they can bring a hand held scanner to the table to pay with them...way too easy to spend, definitely don't need to carry much cash!
    Thanks for the update, does sound VERY convenient.

Got the offer to order magic bands last week, and yesterday got offer to make magic fast pass up to 3 for day. I called since we have annual passes.

I can use bands for room only, food, and fast pass. Do not have to use the days on the bands (got for the free dinning) to get fast pass.

we are stopping in ocala on thursday night then on to disney inthe morning. checking in on friday 15 and out on monday 18. We plan to go to epcot on Friday.

Unfortunately the fast pass will only allow us to reserve starting on saturday 16 so no hope for our first day.

It is kinda weird as it will let me reserve fast pass until December 7th.
    All childen are blessings. MEMBER 11788
    DH 65 DS 44 DD 42 DD 39 DD 37 DS 23 DS 20 Granbabies: Shayla W. 16, Becca A. 14, & Ember Claire W. 10, :Minnie: Hayden R. 7, :Minnie: Saga W. 2, Bean A. 15, Leif W. 14, Crest W. 11, & Emory Zane C. 10 , Ian C. 9 & Callum W.8 in memory of Weston w. and Landic w. who were born too early., W., Colter W 3/2021

Default pics of. bands

Here are some pictures of our magic bands. I got an email yesterday saying that they were being shipped and then got them in the afternoon.
    P_20131019_083419.jpg P_20131019_083136.jpgP_20131019_083741.jpg You peal tear apart the bracelet removing the colored part to use on small child. The smallest is a little complicated due to the flat top with chip to measure. From what I can tell the colored band when removed should fit up to 6". When you make it smaller it not round and has the long top with chip, so too hard to measure for the smallest.

They come big. The largest is 8 1/2 " wrist when the 2 pegs are snapped in. It is kind of deceptive looking and measures longer on the outside, but you have to accommodate for the chip side that spans the back of the top. When I put a piece of paper on the inside and measure, it shows the real size.

They're made of rubber plastic like crocs and are similar to their bands. When we were at Disney in September, we saw in the resort shops stations to buy things to personalize them like the jibbets for crocs.

I personally do not like the feel of it on my skin. It is uncomfortable. The top with the chip is 1 10/12 " then the sides go down to form the bracelet, which makes the bracelet grip your wrist. The undersides of the bracelet straps are ribbed between each of the holes used for adjustment or jibbets, and the bottom where the 2 little knobs poke in do poke me. I can not see this not being comfortable for small kids.

Then I wonder about the rubber plastic and what if my kid puts it in his mouth, and where is the warning for kids. Those jibbits can be a swallowing hazard.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RENITA; 10-19-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling
    All childen are blessings. MEMBER 11788
    DH 65 DS 44 DD 42 DD 39 DD 37 DS 23 DS 20 Granbabies: Shayla W. 16, Becca A. 14, & Ember Claire W. 10, :Minnie: Hayden R. 7, :Minnie: Saga W. 2, Bean A. 15, Leif W. 14, Crest W. 11, & Emory Zane C. 10 , Ian C. 9 & Callum W.8 in memory of Weston w. and Landic w. who were born too early., W., Colter W 3/2021

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Wore ours everyday for two weeks and they do get more comfortable, I thought I would hate wearing them but they kind of softened up and conformed more to the wrist the more you wear them. We ended up liking them a lot.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I am having so much trouble with the fast passes! It lets me go into the system and pick a day we will be there and a park. Then I pick 3 rides and click "next." It just keeps cycling back for me to pick out 3 rides again!

I was able to get it to work one time about 3 hours ago but decided not to book them at that time because I wanted to link our account to my inlaws. But it turns out I can't get the fast passes for them anyway...even though they will be there at the same time and in the parks with us.

ARGH!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I am having so much trouble with the fast passes! It lets me go into the system and pick a day we will be there and a park. Then I pick 3 rides and click "next." It just keeps cycling back for me to pick out 3 rides again!

I was able to get it to work one time about 3 hours ago but decided not to book them at that time because I wanted to link our account to my inlaws. But it turns out I can't get the fast passes for them anyway...even though they will be there at the same time and in the parks with us.

ARGH!
    did you use the "invite friends and family" function on MDE? I managed to set it up so I "managed" my sister's FP+. I had to link our resort reservations but can't recall how I did it. I made FP+ for all the people in both rooms.

We loved FP+. decided to change our days around and was able to make the changes the night before at the resort and changed a few at the kiosks in the park during the day. So nice to not have to run to TSM to get FP or go pull paper fast passes for different attractions and them back track to ride when the time came.
    Last edited by SCard; 10-31-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Now I can get the system to work but it says that Cassie is ineligible for passes for some unknown reason. We all have the same annual passes. The same reservations. <sigh> I am sure I will love it once I get it all straightened out, but I am just not having much luck with it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

We just got back from our 1/2 Marathon trip at AKV and the MagicBands were great. We did not have one single glitch. It was so convenient to use them at the F&W kiosks and the park entry was a breeze. I love that there are no turnstiles anymore. The most important hint I have for people is that you have to make sure you *touch* the band to the Mickey head sensor. You can't just get it in the area or wave at it, you have to make contact with it.

On our last night, we took a taxi over to WL for dinner at Artist Point. The security guard said she needed to scan a Magic Band or see an ID. I stuck my left arm out the window for her to scan and she looked at me funny. DH says, "Dear, that's your Garmin...your band is on your RIGHT hand". They are the same shade of pink so I was a little confused. Since our AP reservation was linked to the band, we had no problems.

So we got all of our fast passes scheduled for our trip and I think it is actually going to work out well because we will be there at Christmas when it is crazy busy. So we'll probably actually be lucky to do 3 rides in 4 hours.

But I do have a question...can you still get regular fast passes for anything or do you basically now just get 3 fast passes a day and have to stand in line for everything else?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    So we got all of our fast passes scheduled for our trip and I think it is actually going to work out well because we will be there at Christmas when it is crazy busy. So we'll probably actually be lucky to do 3 rides in 4 hours.

But I do have a question...can you still get regular fast passes for anything or do you basically now just get 3 fast passes a day and have to stand in line for everything else?
    right now you can use your KTTW cards that will be issued at check in to pull paper fast pass. At some point that option is going away as there will only be magic bands. We got paper fast passes a few times last month.

sounds like Christmas is a great time to be able to use FP+.

have you read anything on "that Disney message board" about the BOG Lunch Fast Pass? really nice and we used it last month.