Thread: Graduation Help!

Default Graduation Help!

My son graduates this year! ACK!!! Starting to plan party. Any creative ideas CHEAP would be great.

I have all of his Christmas ornaments and will be putting them on a tree at his graduation (all the ones he made at school/boy scouts, etc.).

We are having hamburgers and hotdogs. Buying a pack of burgers at a time. My dear ex husband is only buying pop. So I have the majority of the bill...so any cheap ideas, food wise or decor or fun picture placement would be FABULOUS!!!!

I think I will getting gray and red M&M's. Would like to order the REAL M&Ms but I think I will have to get the generic ones in bulk at Walmart.

Thanks in advance!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    My son graduates this year! ACK!!! Starting to plan party. Any creative ideas CHEAP would be great.

I have all of his Christmas ornaments and will be putting them on a tree at his graduation (all the ones he made at school/boy scouts, etc.).

We are having hamburgers and hotdogs. Buying a pack of burgers at a time. My dear ex husband is only buying pop. So I have the majority of the bill...so any cheap ideas, food wise or decor or fun picture placement would be FABULOUS!!!!

I think I will getting gray and red M&M's. Would like to order the REAL M&Ms but I think I will have to get the generic ones in bulk at Walmart.

Thanks in advance!
    Vistaprint for invites, also for some photo stuff.
    Are you subscribed to daily deal mail from here? Often Walgreens has a free photo collage.
    Check party places for the last of the NYE 2013 stuff on clearance.
    We did sandwiches when I graduated, and had pb&j pinwheels (roll &slice into a tortilla) which were a huge hit.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

I guess one of my first things would be to not put too much pressure on yourself to have a huge spread. Those attending will likely have 2-3 (or more) other open houses on the same day and will "graze" at each one as opposed to making a full meal out of it. You might want to think about turning the full size burger patties into sliders - it'll be fun easy to grab food and stretch them out a bit. We had a TON of food leftover from my open house.

I would also say, don't feel like you need to have more than water and pop. We didn't serve any alcohol at my open house and there were no complaints. Do punch in a large cooler if you can rent or borrow one, which will be cheaper than buying individual packets.

Bake cookies or cupcakes - pick up the mixes here and there as they're on sale.

Heather had a great idea picking up some fun decor out of NYE clearance. I think Oriental Trading is a vendor on here, but also sign up for their emails to catch additional discounts and free shipping.

I put together several posterboard picture collages and we decorated a long table with various certificates, awards, trophies and such that I had earned throughout high school - you don't have to buy anything additional AND it's personalized decor.

Don't under estimate simple yard games - we played basketball in my driveway, another friend had a volleyball net up, others did croquet, lawn darts, even hula hoops - fun activities don't have to cost much and make it way more memorable than the food and decor.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

If you go the baking mix route, be sure to check coupons.com regularly through SR! They often have some coupons for Betty Crocker mixes.

Another big outdoor game not mentioned -- cornhole!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards