Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Win a Picaboo Gift Card

Default Win a Picaboo Gift Card

Contest #6 in our birthday celebration!

We are giving away a $50 Picaboo gift card TODAY! In addition, don't forget that if you sign up for a new Picaboo membership through Sunshine Rewards by midnight tonight you will get .50 just for checking them out.

To enter: In this thread, post your favorite VACATION memory. Something you would love to have in a picture book to keep for years to come--even if you didn't get a picture of it at the time. Or if it was a picture, why it's your favorite memory.

Memories must be posted in this thread by midnight Eastern tonight! (Jan 31)
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Default Contest #6

My favorite vacation memory had to be from our Disney trip in 2009. We arrived at DHS early to go directly to Toy Story Mania since that was new at the time. As we were walking to the entrance a CM stopped us and asked if we'd like to help open the park. Of course we said yes! At the time it was like you were on a movie shoot with a director and everything. Then we were driven off to our ride of choice - Tower of Terror or Rock n Roller Coaster. We picked Tower of Terror and the CM that picked us was nice enough to get us Toy Story Mania fast passes as well. We ended up inviting her to ride Tower of Terror with us. The picture is great! Just the 3 of us! We were given a free ride photo and certificates stating we opened the park that day plus tons of pictures of the show that the CM took with my camera. It's sad they've done away with the show at DHS. I haven't had a Disney experience yet that's topped that!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Great idea for a contest!

My favorite vacation memory was of the time my family camped at Fort Wilderness in Disney World. The entire trip was memorable. It took us 2 days to drive from Pennsylvania hauling our travel trailer. This was our first camping trip this far away from home. I'll never forget how excited the kids were when we drove into the campground. We got a great campsite and the weather was beautiful...until the hurricane. Our vacation was at the end of August in 2008. We spent the entire trip in rain ponchos! I have a ton of photos from that trip of my family in front of the castle...in rain ponchos, in front of the epcot ball...in rain ponchos, in front of the wizard hat...in rain ponchos, and in front of the tree of life...in rain ponchos.

On a positive note, the parks stayed open the entire time and there were no lines for anything. The weather was also much cooler than it would have been that time of year so it was really nice walking around.

Because it was so wet, we let the kids wear their crocs and jump in all the puddles. We rented a golf cart and had a lot of fun riding around the campground. We even swam in the pool in the rain. I think this was one of the best vacations we ever had because we found a way to enjoy the rain.

I would love to have a book to put all these photos in. This was definitely a vacation to remember!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

My favorite vacation member would have to be my first trip to Disney World in 2004. I never could have dreamed that it would be so big. When I saw the castle for the first time I screamed like a little girl. I remember standing in the middle of main street just taking in all the sounds, smells and the castle! I have never had a trip that I loved more. And of course now I am hooked!
    Sunshine Rewards

My favorite vacation memory was at Walt Disney World in October of 2010. We were at Mickey's Not So Scary and my daughter was dressed as Sorcerer Mickey. Our goal was to meet characters and we had such a wonderful time with each of the character paying "respect" to Sorcerer Mickey. But the best memory was visiting with Mickey himself. He spent several minutes with my daughter helping her learn and perform the "moves" from the end of Fantasmic. There was no rush, there was just Mickey and my daughter.

In late November, my 25-year-old son got down on one knee and asked his girlfriend since 8th grade to marry him in front of the Taj Mahal. It was a bright sunny day, both were dressed in traditional Indian clothing and the glistening white marble of the Taj was in the background. My DH and I were there along with eight relatives we were traveling with -- there was not a dry eye in the group. DH put the camera on the setting you would use to shoot sports, so we have absolutely fabulous scene-by-scene pictures.and I need to do a book for them and us.

In 2005 we surprised our daughters with a trip to WDW. We told them we were taking them to the dentist to get them out of school. My in-laws came with and the girls couldn't figure out why grandma and grandpa were going to the dentist also. Luckily I have it all caught on the movie camera so we can relive that great memory. We did finally tell them where we were going when we were at the airport.

My favorite vacation memory has to be two years ago when we were coming to the end of a great Disney World Vacation and we went to Animal Kingdom to find our favorite cast member friend "Bill" to say goodbye. My son had drawn him a picture of Rafiki because that is his favorite character. We were wearing T-shirts that my son had made for us prior to the trip. I was wearing Tigger and DH was wearing Scar. As we were heading over to Africa to see Bill we saw that Tigger, Pooh and Eeyore were in the picture spot and there was no line! My husband had gone ahead of us to get fast passes for Expedition Everest so we were waiting for his return right outside the meet & greet. The Cast member there, Scott, saw my shirt and William's picture of Rafiki and asked who had drawn them. William said that he had drawn them and he was taking Rafiki to "Bill" his favorite cast member. My husband showed up in his Scar t-shirt and Scott told William how very impressed he was with his art work. We thanked him and went in to see Tigger, Pooh & Eeyore. When we came out, Scott stopped my son and said, "I bet I can become your favorite cast member today" Then he asked us if we would like to lead the Animal Kingdom parade by riding on the Rafiki Float!!!!!
    We agreed and he told us what time to meet him by Kilamonjaro Safari. We enjoyed the park all day, had a great lunch at the Yak & Yeti and then went to meet Scott. We were taken behind the scenes- which was thrilling. They gave us Safari Hats & Vests to wear and we got to meet a bunch of the Stilt walkers and performers from the Festival of the Lion King which is one of our favorite shows. They loaded us onto a jeep with Rafiki on a float behind it. The music swelled, they opened these huge bamboo gate doors and we drove out into the park. The parade lasted maybe 30 minutes but we have never smiled so much or waved as much!! We could not quit smiling it was an "over the top" experience. After the parade, they gave us a photo pass of pictures they had captured of us at different parts along the parade route! Those pictures never cease to make us smile. This one is still the wallpaper on my desktop.

Last edited by MdCaterer; 01-31-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

My favorite vacation was our trip to Hawaii to attend a friend's wedding. We were able to explore the islands and the volcano was erupting within walking distance from the road. That was a sight to see at night.

My favorite vacation memory was very recent. I had my first child (a boy) in October and a way to treat ourselves was to to go to Walt Disney World during my DH's Christmas vacation (he's a teacher). Yes, we took our then 2 month old son to Disney World! We also took my mom, who has not flown and has sworn off flying since 1996, to help with her first grandbaby. We all had a blast! But the most memorable part of that trip, was being able to take my DS on Dumbo and seeing him look around with his mouth wide open and looking around and smiling(was really the first time he was fully awake during our trip) DM sat in front of us, in a separate Dumbo vehicle, taking picture of us. It was the best little family moment as of yet and something DH and I will always remember!

Here's during the ride

And happy afterwards
    Last edited by leshaface; 01-31-2013 at 12:06 PM.