Thread: Just Back from Yacht Club

Default Just Back from Yacht Club

We just got back Saturday night from a six night stay at the Yacht Club. Unpacking is such a downer, isn't it??!! Nowhere near as much fun as packing & getting ready to go lol. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. This was my 2nd stay at the YC and it is quickly becoming my new favorite resort. Not only is it a beautiful resort with a nautical theme that we really like, but the location is great. It is so convenient to walk to Epcot and the Friendship boats are a relaxing way to travel to Hollywood Studios. We sprung for the lagoon view this trip and it is was well worth it. Our room was on the fourth floor directly over the gazebo and looking out on to the marina and across to the Boardwalk. It was especially pretty at night with the Boardwalk all lit up. While it was a little colder than we would have liked, it was warm enough to sit out by Stormalong Bay a couple days and enjoy some drinks. We are empty nesters now, but it looks like that would be a really cool pool for kids. Also, we rented a Sea Raycer from their marina one afternoon and enjoyed that outing as well. I would definitely recommend the Yacht Club and plan to stay there again.

So now it is time to get back to surveys and other SR earning opportunities to fund my next Disney trip!

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

It is on my list of resorts I would like to stay at one day. About how long was the walk to Epcot?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    It is on my list of resorts I would like to stay at one day. About how long was the walk to Epcot?
    Not long at all...maybe 5-10 minutes.

Glad you had a good time! I think Yacht Club is underrated and in the shadow of Beach Club a lot of times.
    Kayla

Quote Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
    Glad you had a good time! I think Yacht Club is underrated and in the shadow of Beach Club a lot of times.
    Thanks, we had a great time. And DH actually maintained the surprise until the night before departure when we finally had to get out the bag tags for Magical Express! At that point, he turned me loose with all the trip documents and I tore into them lol. Everything was perfect, from the room view to all the dining reservations. It was truly a memorable trip and I was so pleased with all of his planning.

I totally agree with you about the Yacht Club being in the Beach Club's shadow and underrated. There seems to be so much more buzz about the Beach Club.