Thread: Trying to decide if we can plan a trip to DL in June

Default Trying to decide if we can plan a trip to DL in June

I know oodles about WDW and am planning to buy annual passes for the family when we visit at end of July before our August 10th cruise. Now, my friend has suggested maybe we travel to CA in June and visit DL with the kids. I have not been there and am looking for any advice.

Thanks
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

For WDW pros, there are a lot of mental hurdles to get through, but otherwise Disneyland is a great way to try a new place while sticking with an experience you love.

First, hotels. It's okay, and often preferable to stay at an off-site hotel. Disney has Good Neighbor Hotels that they partner with, plus there are some close by that aren't officially Good Neighbors. Book a hotel that is within walking distance of the parks off Harbor Blvd. There are dozens, but if you're on the Disneyland website, go to the Good Neighbor hotel page, select "moderate" (first set of options) and then "across the street" and "less than half a mile" (last set of options). If you want to stay at a Disney hotel, a big perk currently is extra morning hours at both parks every day of the week (alternating days). I like Disneyland Hotel for its price, design and value, but any of the three would be good choices.

Tickets/parks. Definitely hop here, as it's more convenient with the parks so close together. Tickets are currently offered up to 5 days. I'd recommend at least 3 days, more if you want more leisure time.

Don't do their meal plan. It's nothing like the dining plan and not worth the hassle, IMO. Dining reservations aren't as important, and can only be made 60 days in advance. So the good thing is you're not far behind in planning, like you would be for a WDW trip.

There is no Magical Express service, so you need to purchase airport transfers (or rent a car). There are also several airports to choose from, SNA being the closest. However, for people like us this far east, LAX may have more flight options and at a better price. It's just a farther distance to transfer.
    Kayla